If the number of souls on earth that love peace outnumbered, by a critical mass, the number of souls that hate war, what could be the outcome? - Unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Sylvia Browne's "Secrets & Mysteries of the World"

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Recently read it...anybody else? What do you all think of Sylvia Browne? Is she the real thing? Alot of her explanations are done through her psychic ability, many which contradict scientific facts/theories. Also, you would think a PSYCHIC would be very clear on their stance on specific topics, but I seemed to be guessing more than realizing. She also talks about a website, www.crystalinks.com, which I checked out and was very dissappointed...it looks like a friggin home made page that someone threw together, which a bunch of information that is portrayed as being true, but with NO evidense/explination on how that bitch really knows ANYTHING about it...IE...take a look at the alien/UFO portion....she goes into details about specific alien races and what not....not even saying how she knows....

Come on guys, I am sure SOME of you have read/heard her shit or seen her on Montel....did she just rip me off by getting me to buy her bullshit?

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol yes, yes she did.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • M
A lot of people are interested in this topic though, as sad as it may be. Sylvia Brown is a multi-millionaire who made her money by selling books to people perhaps not unlike danman. Labeling someone dumb because they don't know any better does not make them smarter, nor does it motivate them to be smarter. Instead, it pushes them away from intelligent conversations and makes them think they are inadequate to participate. Maybe reconsider your motivational techniques, I have confidence your intentions were pure.

36yrs • M
I suppose it relies on the self confidence of the individual, Dessy. But you don't know danman personally to have any idea on that issue. For me personally, a statement like the one you made would motivate me to retalliate, but I know many that would take it to heart. If danman was a friend of yours and you knew him relatively well, I'd say that statement could be appropriote. But to say something like that to complete stranger just strikes me as wrong.

36yrs • M
That last post made absolutely no sense, can you quote lines from what I said that might prove that what you say is true (assuming it has any meaning to begin with)?

36yrs • M
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were in fact trying to motivate him to be smarter but, you're right, I don't know your intentions, maybe you were trying to drive him away. If you were trying to motivate him then I thought you were in the wrong, as that is not the way all people are motivated. So you see why I made my post.

36yrs • M
Not everybody is motivated the same way, you have to agree with me on that.

36yrs • M
So you're telling me he's made dumb decisions in some of his previous posts?

38yrs • M •
yeah you know, I dont think dessy over here likes me much! its cool....yeah I agree more with Chris just cuz.....well I know for a fact that I am not dumb, especially for reading a book. Haha.....thats silly, me reading makes me dumb. Anyway.....i bought the book realizing that it was most likely bullshit....and the only reason why I posted it on here was just to talk about it with the other, more intelligent folks on this site, than say my neighbor next door. You know....just to BRAIN STORM...if thats ok with you big D. I dont believe nothin that people tell me unless it is scientificly proven.....

D....did you say I was dumb just because I read the book or what? I dont get it...but thanks anyways for your negative replies!

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 38yrs • M •
yes, you are incorrect because i did not start the discussion in order to write the paper, i have written the paper and I am curious on other's stance on the subject. Dur.

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 36yrs • M
Aha! It seems that it is you, Dessy, who did not read or fully comprehend the thread! Maybe you should read more closely next time! haha

36yrs • M
You are not forgiven. You are hereby exiled from this site and all administrative powers are to be left in my name. Also, an emotional relief payment of $5000 must be made with a months time. That is all.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy