Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Zootastic!

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Zootastic!
I went to the zoo on Friday with my friend and her kids. The children were excited, as was I. Yet that excitement soon turned to sadness and anger. Every exhibit I went to the animals looked like they were ready to blow their brains out. They looked so F**ken depressed. I wish I could still see the zoo with the same excitement I did when I was 4-6 yrs old but I cannot. I now see it for what it truly is a depressing wormhole into the human psyche.

People suck! I mean, if they really care about saving them and preserving them then stop hunting them, and stop destroying their homes. The zoo is no place for living creature who should be roaming the land.

One day I'll create a people zoo where I'd place people of different races, religions, careers, and genders into tiny room or spaces. Then I would exploit them and allow crowds to come and see them in their natural habitats. I'd make a lot of money .

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
One day I'll create a people zoo where I'd place people of different races, religions, careers, and genders into tiny room or spaces. Then I would exploit them and allow crowds to come and see them in their natural habitats. I'd make a lot of money .

This has already been done. its called big brother. lol

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not sure the point of this thread, but I definetly feel ya on this one.

The only part that is really interesting is what you think it has to do with the human psyche. Depression = confusion, so if it actually made you depressed and not just sad, then there might be a connection between the animals being caged up and you yourself, figuratively hopefully, being caged up.

And people do suck!

But I'm not sure that Zoo would work too well. I mean, whats to say you won't just capture the people that come to it and use them for a new exhibit?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My zoo would be nothing like Big Brother. The people with in my various exhibits would not be allowed to leave, you know for their own safety. I'm trying to preserve them. .

And awakend, what kind of person do you think I am? I would never caprture my guest....When I open my people zoo in the year 2020 you should come and see for yourself.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
... I think I'll pass.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Harper Lee is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think neuterdbynature's idea of a 'human zoo' is already a reality.

Metaphorically speaking; What is society/culture (the world at large?) if not a zoo? We have the endangered animals (rare and oh so special) that we observe with keen and watchful eyes = Hollywood. We have the 'animals' we try to 'preserve' in their natural' habitats by providing aid/land/food via donation to = Africa and the like, and when all else fails we 'preserve' these people for their own good in Western countries.

Cities/towns/suburbs all varieties of "animals" are watched, governed, groomed, policed and housed: by the government, culture, narratives, and ideologies, the media. Everything we do, are, wear, eat, observe, think is governed, policed, watched........ The spectators? Ourselves.

(This only the main gist of an idea..not to be taken as a well rounded argument).

38yrs • F •
Of course we live in a type of zoo. There is no denying that we're always being watched and that the freedom we have is restricted, but in my zoo the people will be in tiny spaces like animals at the zoo...

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Harper Lee is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay.....Yeah I got where you are coming from.....

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually this all brings to mind a story I started but never finished about a bunch of girls who take part in a reality TV program like big brother only to discover they're actually the breeding stock in a human breading program.

3 of them living in small area designed to keep them occupied. Being sedated and experimented on at night. Sounds a lot like what they do in live stock and zoo breading programs. That said I recall hearing about a spoof reality tv show where people were going to compete live on air to try to conceive. Think was people took it seriously and wanted to produce it. The Japanese did have a reality tv show where I guy was locked in to a flat naked and forced to live off what he could win by postal competitions. So watch out. Human zoos might be closer than we think.

Zootastic!
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy