Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why Are We Paying High Gas Prices?

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This was a question given in a locally produced office newsletter. The answers were good but incomplete. This once was a mystery to me but now I understand.

Before the war started our state of Oklahoma was in real trouble; we were closing schools because we could not afford to pay teachers. Firemen and Policemen were being laid off, my wife being a teacher was told by a school official to hope we go to war because then the money will flow. I asked my supervisor where I work about this and his reply was that there would be more spending, but I don't think he or I knew that there would be more spending on GAS.

In an earlier article it is said that several years ago (before Desert Storm) a red circle was drawn around Iraq indicating that no oil was to flow from her. Why? Because then the price of oil would go up and the oil companies would make more profit. A large group of oil investors have invested great sums of money having been reassured that there would be a high return. After Desert Storm Oil Prices didn't go up and Bush Sr wasn't reelected. Once they make all the profits they feel they deserve, they will divest themselves and invest in other things, hopefully before it is to late to turn that tidal wave aimed to destroy our world.

So what does this have to do with the state of Oklahoma. Besides a lot of folks who have oil investments who we know will now pay less taxes but spend more money in our state, everyone will now pay more GAS tax. The prophesy came true, Oklahoma actually had a surplus and the legislators were gracious enough to issue a tax refund and the rich are being given a tax cut. Aren't they so nice for lowering taxes and giving us a refund, maybe, but actually what nobody seems to be discussing or questioning is the tax we pay on GAS, we pay more of it then we ever have, and its actually called a tax and we are actually paying more of it to both the state and fed. So the tax refund is actually them giving some of your money back, there is no tax brake, you are paying more not less then you ever have. This might help you understand why the feds aren't too afraid to spend money because they know that the GAS prices/tax will go up.

Now look at the success of a right wing owned media who has us all convinced that we are at war with terrorists, a war we must win and that this new Republican government has actually given us a tax brake. They are telling us that the price of gas has risen because of an increased demand on oil while Chevez tells us there is plenty of oil and is willing to maintain their price at 50 a barrel, they fail to tell us that this war has slowed the flow of oil enabling higher prices and we are actually paying more tax then we ever have in the form of a GAS tax.

What about this war on terrorism - ask them: "What terrorist?" and who are they terrorizing and what they won't tell you is that since Desert Storm we have killed about 2 million and 1 hundred thousand Iraqis who were never a threat to America, and that's just a part of it. Can you now answer this question - What terrorist and who are they terrorizing? Maybe then you might demand our troops come home and no permanent bases in Iraq.

Ref: http://okcitykid.bravejournal.com/entry/21454

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy