Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Miracles

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Miracles
OK, been a while since i started a thread but i've been reading the threads around here and thought i would throw this out for anyone with a truly open mind. About a year or so ago, i had to be at an appointment in ten minutes when i locked my keys in my car. i had no spare set and i had to get to the appointment. well as i was standing there trying to figure out what to do, i felt this warmth inside me and suddenly something i couldn't see (but what felt like a hand ) grabbed my wrist and pulled it through the window. i was able to unlock the car and get to my appointment. now no one was around to see this and i thought at first that maybe i imagined the whole thing but such an illogical conclusion was too ridiculous for me to even consider. i have searched for a conclusion everyone would feel is logical but i have found none. if anyone has any i would be interested to hear them.
***when my hand was pulled through the window it did not break or shatter just to make that point.***

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Maybe the window was rolled down but you didn't realize it.

When I was aboard ship, there was a time once when I thought I saw a UFO and I reported it to the bridge and it turned out to be a helicopter with his fog lights on going threw the clouds that made it look like a bright light that would dissapear and reapear - everyone had a good laugh and I felt pretty stupid.

Jesus said if you had the faith of a mustard seed you could tell a mountain to turn upside down and it would. I think miracles do happen and there is a scientific explaination but above our understanding, so we call it a miracle. The power of belief I believe is very strong.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that brave_phantom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
miracles are things done by God as they are done by super power which is not in hand with any person else in this world. thats why they r called miracles. in general man can never understand how God thinks coz its defenitly over his skills (we cannot even compare the creator to normal people)

"he who has many friend has no friend to spare, but he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
kgb; miracles only happen when someone looks for them. Perhaps this was adrenaline mixed with a shut down of logical conciousness making a push seem like a pull; I think this because you say the word 'suddenly'. Other terms like this are...'and then out of nowhere' or 'next thing I know'. See the feeling behind these words? Its the cause of an overreactive imagination which is a good thing; but needs to be understood to keep it rational.

okcitykid is bang on the money. True 'miracles' occur by accident but only the people who don't look at it this way see a miracle.

brave_phantom what skills do you consider god to have?

""No words""
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah, yes life is nothing but an accident so all the scientist searching for life on other planets are very foolish, it happened once so it is very unlikely to have ever happened again.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wayback you're right, but if and only if you think life is a miracle:

My logic:

If a miracle occurs then its an accident

Life is not a miracle (amazing, yes, but not a miracle).

Why?

Becuase as you say, if life were a miracle then:

quote:
life is nothing but an accident so all the scientist searching for life on other planets are very foolish, it happened once so it is very unlikely to have ever happened again.

A non-scientist may believe life is a miracle and look no further on the matter. Life, I believe, is not a miracle.

""No words""
[  Edited by heyjme1 at   ]
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
A non-scientist may believe life is a miracle and look no further on the matter. Life, I believe, is not a miracle.
Ah, then the question is life an accident or is purposed action?
quote:
brave_phantom what skills do you consider god to have?
Talking with a friend the other nite, we were watching 'The Dog Whisperer' & noted that people tend to see human attributes & associate them to animals is commonly main factor in the peoples problems with their pets! She used a wordin that context but looking it up I found that the main context of the word related to dieties of animal form with human character. GOD may not be human so take care about impling human character to God(s).

43yrs • F •
xoxwillowxox33 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I had a similar thing happen to me once years ago, and to this day cannot explain it.....
I had a rope type necklace on with a solid pendant (there was no joint where the pendant hung) and I was fuming mad about something and pulled my pendant as if to rip it off my neck....the pendant come off in one piece and the rope was still intact....I had to undo the whole thing to put the pendant back on....still cant get my head round it!

66yrs • M •
Nebbish is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Here's to NO guarantees.

Miracles
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy