Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come. - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Sex and Friendship

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sex and Friendship
Why is it that a serious relationship is usually defined as a friendship with sex? Why can't sex just be its own thing and not be confused with love or any of that bullshit. If the time is right and you and a girl (or guy, whatever you're into) are friends or even not friends and engage in sex, why is that considered wrong? I hate the weight sex puts on a friendship after its over. Like something is supposed to change and you are both supposed to pledge your love to one another. Of course wear protection, the 70's taught us that (AIDS) but cmon, what more is there to sex besides genital interaction? I don't think there is anything else to it than that and if there is its only because of some social ideal.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
(verbal blast)

Sex is not just a physical interaction, unless it's with a hooker, then its a business transaction. If sex is viewed as a simple thing you both want with no strings attached, I'll be the first to say, it won't work, when you do it, it creates bonds that we don't want but cannot stop from forming. (or we want them, and your 'relationship' gets tighter, which often makes it harder to stop.) (think drugs.) But sex is an act of trust that should only be taken/enjoyed in trust, without any sort of interaction, you degrade both sexes to genetalia. To mantain no connection, disconnect yourselves at the hip.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
how do you know that idea wasn't burned into you since the day you were born? Simply by seeing your father and mother together. I think that 'bond' that is supposedly formed is just some subconscious ideal that is jammed into our brains, if not, couldn't it be possible?

"The truth will set you on fire"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ofcourse it's possible, ofcourse simple sex is no where near 'love making sex', but the act of sex in itself is a gift from god/nature. Nothing worng in having no strings attached sex-though sex is much more than that

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 42yrs • M •
Stevenism is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
This is open for anyone to reply..

When sex becomes hush hush or when it becomes some "ultimate act of love" only intended for an emotional relationship and is not used in the way that it was intended which was one of two things man and woman were ever supposed to do. Lotsa humping and eat some fruit then Man will strive for the next best thing which is wealth and power thus leaving most of the world starving, and poverty stricken. Christianity is a beautiful religion but it destroys mankind with its no-sex policy. I believe we should strive to let go of our wealth and prosperity and do whatever we can to "get back to the garden of eden" I mean... You tell me the better life... Work 50 hours a week. Or have sex all day and eat a bit. Believe it or not this is not coming from a mindset of perversion and waaay too much testosterone. That is the PROBLEM... People think wanting too much sex or speaking about it blatantly is a perversion. Yes there is sexual immorality. rape, incest, child molestation, trying to get sex through manipulation of someones emotions... aka being a player... To me it isn't emotional though... it's logical... would you rather live like our society lives or have sex? Even sex in marriage tends to end early because of stress from jobs, money problems, the fast paced society.... count me out... as for the bond forming casual sex creates. These bonds are made when insecure people rely on others for their security. My "get back to the garden" philosophy can only work if you are completely 100% comfortable with yourself and you don't NEED somone or others in your life to feel whole. You CAN interact and be part of a group or relationship without NEEDING to interact and be part of the group or the relationship. so, this also is not coming from an anti-social platform. please respond. pardon the bad grammar and/or punctuation. oh my God!! look at that people in our society care more about having good writing skills then they do concentrating on getting as much sex as they can.... Is that not sad? aight i'm done...

46yrs • M •
dapharoah69 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I so agree. Friendds with benifits they call it. Sex is one thing, a friendship is something else all together. And whoever think they go hand in hand seriously dont know what a friendship truly is.

"In search f greatness"
Sex and Friendship
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy