Forgivness is a gift to yourself and not to others. When you hold pain and hatred for others, you suffer the most. - Benjamin Gill
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Strange Post

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wittgensteins is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Strange Post
Is it normal for vision to have a static shimmer in a way that does not affect one's ability to see/read at distance, and to see tiny white things floating around in the dark? If not, what could they be symptomatic of?
This, as well as a general incompetence (inability to keep up with academic demands/concetrate/ and even read any more) and the complete absence of emotions and social life make me think there might be some underlying problem. Sorry to be a bit of a berk.

[  Edited by wittgensteins at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i do not know how you chill, but the abnormalities you mentioned can be symptomatic of the abuse/overuse of certain drugs, primarily those of a sedating, hallucinogenic nature. if such action does not characterize your routinzed activities, and you are sufficiently concerned, you may want to consult someone with more experience in the fields of medicine and/or clinical psychology than can probably be found at this forum.*note* if there are a number of medical doctors or registered clinical psychologists on this site, or individuals whom truly consider themselves knowlegably on par with said individuals in such fields, i do apologize for speaking out of turn.

"dont got one"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wittgensteins is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nope, I don't take drugs, nor ever have nor ever will. *Note if there are any number of druggies currently registered on this site, or any individuals who consider themselves knowledgably ona apar with said individuals, I do apologize for speaking out of turn.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well I may not be a profesional in this field either but what could be the case is a very acute ablity to see supernatural phenomena. Im not sure about the shimering effect but those tiny white dots you see could very well be ghosts or a varient of. *note as stated in not a profesional in this field so those of you that are and are registered on this site, im speaking out of turn*

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What you are referring to may actually be some physical complaint with the eye. I should consult and opthamologist. Ask your doctor / hospital to refer you to one directly. If he can not find a physical complaining I expect you'll need to be referred to a neurologist. In the latter case if he diagnoses some abnormality in brain structure I do advise you to be careful about agreeing to take any drugs he may suggest. In most cases such drug are designed to suppress the brain to alleviate symptoms not cure a condition. You may find the side effects worse than the symptoms so do your home work on what you're prescribed before you start popping pills.

Strange Post
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy