Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come. - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Self-Undoing.

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
QuiteTheFolly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Self-Undoing.
I drain myself.

I was reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance, and one part of it said "Anxiety is the leading cause of "gumption-loss". Gumption is more or less, the interestyou have in something. You know, being all excited over, lets say, drawing a picture, and when your to the very last part of drawing the picture, and your putting the finishing touches on it, shading, erasing un-needed lines, all that, then suddenly, you don't care anymore.

Yeah, loss of gumption.

Self-undoing is my greatest weakness. For the keen observer, you could even find self-undoing in my recognition of my self-undoing, right here in this blog.

But if it doesn't jump out at you, don't search too hard. Like the "realm of ideas" this shit can be contagious. Sometimes, being a little close-minded is a good thing.

It's like, all I want to do is understand life, and people and my surroundings, but the deeper I go, the more lost I feel.

I need to quit that. They should make a self-undoing patch or something. Just stick it on my arm and life immediately becomes a tunnel.

Oh, wait...Religion. HAHAHA.

By the way...I never finshed the last twenty pages of the book.

"Love is...fuck I can't remember the word."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The world's chaotic. Bring order into the chaos. Turn your words into a sonnet. Build a house with the scattered sticks. Sew the rags into a quilt. How you do it is left up to you. Do it your way and you just might feel happy.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
Self-Undoing.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy