If you're a sexist, racist, homophobe, or basically an arsehole, don't buy this CD. I don't care if you like me, I hate you. - Kurt Cobain
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Concentration Camps in America: Thanks to Bush Adm FEMA and Halliburton

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And all those sleeping and bleeting through it, like me, I wish I wasn't so apathetic and afraid to really stand up against that which concerns me. Or I wish I was at least alone in that state of mind.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/archive_police_state.html#concentration

(This is actually a list of hyperlinks to articles click link above for links, link link.)

Paris bans protests ahead of Bush's visit
Financial Times | June 3 2004

Demonstrations have been banned in central Paris throughout this week to ensure no hostile protests are in evidence to disturb President George W. Bush's brief presence in the French capital.
SHOOT TO KILL ORDERED AT G8 IN GEORGIA
sf.indymedia.org | 27 May 2004

Pacifica News and the AP have both stated in the last two days that there is potential for the use of Lethal Force at the G8, DNC, and RNC this summer.
Man Goes to Jail for Putting a Sign in his Yard
WAFF | April 2 2004

"When it gets to where a man hadn't got any free speech in this world, what has he got?"
New Free Speech Zones Mock First Amendment
American Free Press - 01/31/04

'As far as I'm concerned, the whole country is a free speech zone. If the Bush administration has its way, anyone who criticizes them will be out of sight and out of mind.'
Miami's New Police State

I watched as rubber bullets and tear gas were fired at the unarmed protestors. The police converged on the protestors, almost like a scene from the classic film Potemkin, where Russian troops marched on demonstrators in 1905.
Miami crowd control would do tyrant proud

Miami police Chief John Timoney must be mighty proud of the social order he maintained during the Free Trade Area of the Americas summit a couple of weeks ago in Miami - sort of the way Saddam Hussein was proud of quieting dissension in his country.

Officials step up monitoring of anti-war groups

Peace activists and law enforcement officials agree that the monitoring of anti-war groups and other activists has stepped up since the terrorist attacks of two years ago.

Oregon Law Would Jail War Protesters as Terrorists

An Oregon anti-terrorism bill would jail street demonstrators for at least 25 years in a thinly veiled effort to discourage anti-war protests, critics say. Actual bill states that protesters would be imprisoned in forced labor gulags.
Antiterror bill meets opposition at hearing

A bill that would define violent protesters as terrorists and subject them to possible life imprisonment came under attack Monday at a packed and sometimes tense legislative hearing.
Senate Bill 742: Sponsored by Senator MINNIS

"When a person is convicted of terrorism under this section, the court shall order that the person be confined for a minimum of 25 years without possibility of parole, release to post-prison supervision, release on work release or any form of temporary leave or employment at a forest or work camp."
Protest groups possible security threat: CSIS

Some Canadian animal rights, anti-globalization and white supremacist groups may pose a terrorist threat, revealed the Canadian Security Intelligence Service's latest annual report.
State monitored war protesters

Days before firing wooden slugs at protesters, police were warned of potential violence at the Port of Oakland by California's anti-terrorism intelligence center, which admits blurring the line between terrorism and political dissent.
Governor to top cop: Stop 'intimidating' protesters

After a firestorm of protest over the actions of Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents at a March 5 peace protest on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen demanded that TBI Director Larry Wallace change the agency's policies concerning surveillance of public assemblies.
Ellison to pull plug on protest websites

The Federal Government plans to stop Australians gaining access to websites used to organise protests. A police ministers meeting in Darwin this week agreed it was "unacceptable websites advocating or facilitating violent protest action be accessible from Australia".
Police violence shocks activists, others at Port of Oakland protest

An anti-war demonstration at the Port of Oakland turned violent this morning when Oakland Police opened fire with wooden dowels, ``sting balls,'' concussion grendades, tear gas and other non-lethal weapons when protesters at the gates of two shipping lines refused an order to disperse.
LAPD starts quiet probe of activists

The LAPD's new anti-terrorism unit quietly opened an inquiry into a local animal rights activist group that publicized the home addresses of Mayor James Hahn and the city's animal services chief, the group charged.
Terrorism Act 'used to halt protest'

The civil liberties group Liberty claims police breached the human rights of anti-war protesters at a Gloucestershire RAF base by using powers under the Terrorism Act to stop them demonstrating.
Protesters say freedoms snapped away
St. Petersburg Times - 12/05/03

Nugent acknowledged that during that height of the antiwar movement, his deputies gathered intelligence on protesters in order to maintain order. The protesters, on the other hand, think that the practice deprived them of their constitutional rights to privacy and to protest grievances against the government.
Federal Camps For You and Your Family: Pr. George's Questions Detention Center Plan

Several companies have expressed interest in the project, including two based in Florida, Wackenhut Corrections Corp. and Correctional Services Corp., and Tennessee-based Corrections Corporation of America. Three sites have been suggested in Prince George's and one in Baltimore County.

Camps For Citizens: Ashcroft's Hellish Vision

Atty. Gen. John Ashcroft's announced desire for camps for U.S. citizens he deems to be "enemy combatants" has moved him from merely being a political embarrassment to being a constitutional menace.
General Ashcroft's Detention Camps

Under the Justice Department's new definition of "enemy combatant"-which won the enthusiastic approval of the president and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld-anyone defined as an "enemy combatant," very much including American citizens, can be held indefinitely by the government, without charges, a hearing, or a lawyer. In short, incommunicado.
FEMA Preparing for Mass Destruction Attacks on Cities

FEMA, the federal agency charged with disaster preparedness, is engaged in a crash effort to prepare for multiple mass destruction attacks on U.S. cities - including the creation of sprawling temporary cities to handle millions of displaced persons, NewsMax has learned.
Foundations are in place for martial law in the US

Recent pronouncements from the Bush Administration and national security initiatives put in place in the Reagan era could see internment camps and martial law in the United States.
FEMA's Plan for Mass Destruction Attacks: Of Course It's True

Let me state for the record that FEMA is moving ahead with plans to create temporary cities that could handle millions of Americans after mass destruction attacks on U.S. cities.
Rights panelist foresees internment push

A member of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission said Friday that he could foresee a scenario in which the public would demand internment camps for Arab Americans if Arab terrorists strike again in this country.
Vast quarantine role advocated for states

In the event of a bio-terrorist attack using a deadly and contagious disease such as smallpox, public health officials want to close roads and airports, herd people into stadiums, and, if necessary, quarantine entire infected cities.

Concentration Camps in Okanagon County?

Okanogan County Commissioner Dave Schulz says he's convinced his county is a designated home for a "concentration camp'' in case of civil unrest.
This video appears to have been removed

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy