You're just a piece of the puzzle so I think you had better find your place, but don't go blaming your knowledge on some fruit you ate. - iSOUGHT|THOUGHT
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Lack Of Motivation In All Things Intellectual

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is something I have been experiencing for quite awhile now. Its kinda like this.
There are certain things that interest me. Things that you would learn at school, or at least in books. Like Decius' user name. Im sure it comes from some sort of mythology. I am almost postive that it comes from the same mythology that Isis, one of the other auther's name, comes from. And along with the third and newest section of the articles part of this site. And I am actually very interested in this. In things of this nature. Not just mythology, but all things of intellectual basis. Things like machines and how they work. Things like other langauges. I love foreign languages. Its actually one of the biggest turn ons for me, but I cac't seem to motivate myself to learn about any of this stuff.

This might be because I'm just lazy, I don't know.

Does anyone else experience this?
Or have you ever?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I lack motivation, severely. Not so much the motivation to aquire information, such as Decius spoke of, but the motivation to apply any sort of abilities/information I have.

We really do live in an information heaven today. Google is God and spelling correctly is more or less irrelevant. It's not so much what you know as it is what you are able to access. The amount of information available is much greater than any single person can learn, but a resourceful person can access the information much more quickly and efficiently.

If you make a conscious effort to learn each day, even if it's just one thing, you'll be pleased with the result.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was always trying to force myself to learn. Then one day I decided I wanted to learn something. Surprising enough it was a lot easier and honestly quite enjoyable. I think that's what people forget. The number one thing in learning is motivation and it's a lot easier to motivate yourself if it really is something you want to do.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Haha..personal development is important. Also, so is teamwork. What I see here is that if you all put your 'strengths' together and added them then there would be quite a magic pot. But you've got to put your 'weaknesses' aside in order for this to happen of course.

""No words""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
learning, in a data mining, googling the internet sort of way is not something that most people want to do if they had their choice of activities. it is a default option for thoes times when you cant fuck, or get fucked up, or party, or engage in any other carnal pleasure seeking endeavor. nobody's like, say girl quit sucking me off i want to go read about some fucking fantasy world online. that shit doesnt happen. so i think that if you have having difficulties getting yourself to concentrate on the subtle specifics of human factual information, it is probably beacuse you have not yet satiated your more primal, and primary, desires. so go pleasure seeking till you get your fill, the internet will still be there. and probably in a new and even more user friendly format.

"dont got one"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I disagree. I think curiosity is a drive. A drive that can be as powerful as ones sex drive and more so. We all experience this drive intensely as babies and children. We crawl, suck, feel and examine our environment compulsively in an effort to pin down the structure and rules of our world. As children we ask why the sky is blue or the grass green. It just seems to me some of us seem to grow out of it when puberty hit. Only some though. I know I never did. My curiosity grew and found new ways to apply its self.

By the way I imagine any relationship that is firm and open (rather than just based on sex) is going to have an intellectual dimension. Perhaps not on the level of say Einstein who used to discuss theoretical physics in bed with his wife (who was also quite bright) but some level of shared curiosity or creative interest must surly present its self.

Learning can be a pleasure. Being creative also. Learning together with some one you love must be very satisfying and I'm quite certain getting creative with some one you love must be great fun.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A bit off topic, i realize, but i would like to save people the trouble and say that because of the way it is set up wikipedia is extremely unreliable at best. they do no background check to make sure the information submitted is factual and anyone with a computer can post information. My advice is to find more reliable sites first.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy