Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

man's nature to desire God's existence

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Most people can see, that for what ever reason, the nature of man appears to desire a God. I personally beleive in God. Others do not. Yet we both agree on this one thing. Why is it, then that Man has a nature that drives him to the desire of God.
I think it is because, that when any man looks at himself he discovers that he needs a saviour. Because he beleives he is imperfect. Because he beleives that as he is, he is nothing. And that means that only a "saviour" can fix what he himself can not.
Of course some reject this notion and they just accept that he is what he is. And doesn't worry over the things he can not change. But the fact still remains (with or without God) that we all look in upon ourselfs, and find something we are lacking. Something we can not fix on our own.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A perfect being looking over you has a plan for you and loves you...well yeah who wouldn't want that..

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
non-beleivers don't want that.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well, then non beleivers sure must be missing a lot.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M •
Or maybe they just don't believe that exists. There's a difference between wanting something and it existing. I want to live at the North Pole with santa clause vs simply thinking the north pole doesn't exist. I'm sure lots of kids who didn't believe in Santa Clause were asked the question, "Would you like it if Santa did exist and really did give your presents?" The majority would say yes.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When the nature of a human is in sin and bondage for so long, our hearts become heardened and our minds are warped. so much so that we LITERALLY shut ourselves off to the voice of God, which noone can come to the father unless HE calls them. which he does through there hearts.
which doesnt cover the whole why do we have the need of Him but it sheds light on why some poeple live in bondage forever.
We are given of a measure of faith, which is completely seperate from the faith that is in us as bornagain christinas, which is the faith of Christ. But our measure of faith is what we decide to stand on, the world, or God.
besides that, our free will is completely false.
when we are seperated from God, we can do nothing good, and are stuck in bondage until he calls us out and we redirect our measure of faith. but most people are too comfortable, and afraid to step out of the world, which controls our every conscience thought if Christ does not dwell inside of us.
So its not so much why dont nonbelievers individually have the need for God because it is God wish that NO MAN should perish and He poured out His Spirit on all flesh but its simply the devils choice that we dont adhere to it, which we have to listen to if we are bound to him.
the beautiful thing is alls you have to do is believe in your heart and profess with your mouth that Jesus is your LORD AND SAVIOUR and we are given all authority over satan, AND are called to perfrom even greater miracles than Jesus did on Earth, because he Dwells inside of us

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 36yrs • M •
quote:
when we are seperated from God, we can do nothing good

Maybe you should think that over...

39yrs • M •
Jacker Jones

I understood your analogy but i beleive it to be missplaced. There is a big difference in a fat man giveing away presents, and a God (consquently) the only thing that can logical bring meaning to our lifes.

36yrs • M •
CriticalRunner is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Jacker Jones,

I realize this is quite out of date on this forum but...

I am quite surprised at your statement to "think that one over..." Do you think that just because people believe differently than you that they do not think about it enough? I guarantee that there have been people who thought the same exact thing as Navin and Conway who thought through their belief far more than any of the current 'posters' on this forum. That is quite an absurd thought that just thinking, pure thinking will show people their faults. Worldviews confound whatever truth there might be in the world and those who think they aren't the least bit affected by some sort of outlook are naive.

Also, I'd like to think about that Santa remark of yours. People will say, "Santa is just a myth." You might say, well "Jesus' divinity is a myth." Well, what if it is? That does not affect the fact that Santa is a purely cultural instance. He was formed by a culture that had a story and now the story is so popular it is believed by many humans under 4 feet tall in the West. So, maybe Jesus was too. Was he just a cultural myth that has had more time to spread? Perhaps, and lets say for the sake of argument that he was. This still does not change the fact that the basic premise of a God inside of human nature is real. All around the world, people of all cultures find for themselves gods. In the most remote places in the world there are those who believe in a spirit who is great and demands sacrifices and such. All over the Earth, people create gods. They make them because the idea of a God is rooted in their brain. The idea of a gift giver such as Santa Claus is not evidenced in this same way at all. Therefore, because we observe humans as spiritual beings looking for a god, around the world, we can see that believing in specifically the Christian God is terribly different than believing in a fantastical story of a jolly, bearded, sleigh-rider.

"What is Truth?"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If god is in all of us, why are we trying to be better than ourselves when we should just act outselves

"Thy Lovest Soul"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy