Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

More guys than girls on these forums...why? - Page 3

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are two reasons why someone would choose not to share their opinion in an argument:

1. Fear
2. Laziness

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that FreakishOne is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
3. They have it in their heads that they are not suppposed to share their opinions.

"Give me the freedom to destroy"
 36yrs • M
LOL!

34yrs • F •
Throughout the entire existance of humanity women have been repressed. Why is it so hard to believe that its possible for some to feel like its normal to not express their opinions?

34yrs • F •
They werent choices in the past. It was the way women were forced to live. Im not saying that its not a choice today - it is. But maybe many women don't realize that being outspoken is a logical option. Or maybe they feel like they're restricted because of their gender.

34yrs • F •
God, you obviously have not been to high school in a while. Being "gay" is one of the most socially accepted things around there now. Really, its becoming a fad to the point where actual gays are coming out of the closet, and where straight guys are pretending to be gay because its the "in" thing to do. Guys arent anymore socially repressed than females, less so if anything.

A lot of females' repression I guess comes from insecurity.

Doesnt matter.

None of this has anything to do with actual intelligence.

Women are just as intelligent as men are. As a matter of fact, the recorded most intelligent person in the world right now is a female.

36yrs • M
If there was a way to truly put yourself in another's shoes, and see and feel and experience everything in their position I don't believe you could ever hate anyone.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
God, you obviously have not been to high school in a while. Being "gay" is one of the most socially accepted things around there now. Really, its becoming a fad to the point where actual gays are coming out of the closet, and where straight guys are pretending to be gay because its the "in" thing to do. Guys arent anymore socially repressed than females, less so if anything.

Studies have shown that even though men are comming out much younger these days they still experience difficulty outside of school. It might be a "fad" at your school, but that does not erase the fact that alot of men do experience repression. Because they are male, society expects them to be the image of strenght and sheer masculinity, which is why many feel repressed. They feel they must live up to a certain image of manliness (sort of speak) that if questioned can make them looking like less of a man.
Women are also place in a certain image, the future mom. If motherhood is not in your plans your seen by many as flawed. True many women now a days have careers and live single lifes, but many people still expect them to settle down and start a family.
Every person exhibits periods of repression, whether it be because of religion, social status, sex, orientation, or race. But its wrong to blame your obsticles for why you are not outspoken or more active in society, you only have yourself to blame. If intelligence is your obsticle then educate yourself on the subject matter that most interest you. You must not let society or anything else get in the way of becoming top dog, whether your male or female. Because lefts face it, both genders are capable of anything.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
 44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Digital_Kitten is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have to point out that it may seem historically men have been more outstanding and noted in terms of intellectual achievements may also be due to the fact that socieity give credit to men more so than women. The foundations of society have been predominantly patriarchal than matriarchal.

There are alot of female writers in the past that had to pick a male psedoname to print their ideas and materials. So, what does that say?

Instead of defending and finding out the reason why there are less girls than guys on the forum,why not just invite and get more girls to join in on the debates and forums? Tell your friends, and let them know that you'd like to have a discussion with them. I think it's better to invite more girls to create a healtheir environment for battle-of-the-sexes than leaving things to preconjecture.

P.S. Women or Girls that are out there making a difference probably don't have time to sit down and talk things out on a forum. They are already out there making a difference to society and their community. AFter all, you have only 24 hrs in a day, and those that are trully assertive don't have much time.

"Don't tell me there is only black and white."
More guys than girls on these forums...why? - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy