"Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits. - " Fulton Sheen"
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

More guys than girls on these forums...why? - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok three things:
1. Heyjme1 is some what correct. Instead of being home sitting infront of a screen talking or chating with faceless stragers some girls are out experiencing the world first hand. Getting involved in school stuff and just being active, while some guys just stay at home building a relationship with a screen. [Not all guys]
2. your not taking into account that for the girls that like being online there are hundreds of online threads that cater to there specific interest.
3. Your not considering the girls who are members of CC but just not as active as the ones you counted.

as you can see this is just a shorter version of the explanation I sent you .

*women are more focussed on finding a "son" to care for.*
Oh and Decius, I'm not sure what kind of women you meet but the ones I know are not looking for mens who will be there sons! A statement I found insulting...

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Setsu is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That isn't what he meant by it.

""Life without knowledge is like death in disguise..." - MC HP"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"interesting" concept, flawed in some ways...but everyone's entitled to their own views on human nature.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can see the angle from which Decius is approaching this. And he is right, but I don't think he's painting the whole tableau. I could be wrong, one stab would be I couldn't say what emotionally healthy is since there are a plethera of things in life that make you what you are; a product of your environments.

We've had the ladder theory up here. You may wish to check this as a backbone. However, it only gives the bones, though it does scratch on how many sexuals partners one would have, moreso the quality of those partners, it doesnt really dig into why.

See I think there comes a point, a transgression, which varies in time for each individual, or in some cases just exists as the end point, whereby one is looking to settle doen and produce a stable family. For some its 20, 30, 40, 50 and it vearies mostly in men. Women like the men who give them what they need and piss off because unpredictability is attractive; essentially its a sign of self power. And to women, a man needs self power. I personally prefer the term self respect...don't try and run a marathon if u havnt tried to run a mile . It all starts with you.

Now bad guys, tough guys, crazy guys, artistic guys, expressive guys, these are all the type of personality that are unpredictable The first few there are alos dominant in behaviour.These guys women will get tired of because they wont produce a 'healthy' family to nurture. This is where Decius' point comes in. However, its not so much boys really, as men who have stance in society, particularly, those hwo have god jobs, nice cars plus the keyword....reliability, they must be predictable otherwise the family could break down. Though Decius is right, its not really what you say but the way you say or phrase what you say.

Decius make a point for the female influence on 'boys' and yes I've seen this as an observation. Its leargely true but schooling can do the same things.

For me, theres a much more deeper lesson than all this surficila psycholgy. I like people, I can see their strengths. I prefer to build strengths and let them flourish so the person can gain acceptance of themselves and further themselves.

I promise you, it doesnt really matter what type of personality, who you've been brought up by, what matters is how much resolve you can muster to build up your strengths to change yourself for the better. And...how good your friends are. Afterall, if all this psychology stuff is true, is it not better to stop analysing others and just get better by judging yourself BUT with the AIM of progression?

This links nicely to the first post; some ask why, some ask why not? Guys...Are our women doing more of the latter than us?

""No words""
 41yrs • M •
I can see your view Decius and its truthful.

What happens when the son gets sufficient power and strength to stop wanting to ask why all the time? There must come a point, in very few, where they must realise, that its necessary with depth of insight to start promoting for the benefit of others. Once self respect is sufficient its good to spill it out so others can come along. This is the best man figure, or daddy type. The mother may nurture the son naturally, but the man must help out to give courage, by example and word. It doesnt necessarily have to be a mom or dad, but a woman or a man. This is where I say that, yes, us men do analyse and seek information. And ,yes, women do things more naturally to help sustain. Sometimes, the man is too weak or the woman is too insufficient. But why does it have to be this way.

My point is more a progression on this understanding I guess. And wih this 'why not' attitude once the whys have been accepted; we as people will be getting somewhere...and rightly!

""No words""
 41yrs • M •
Some men can be inventors. Point in case...Can all of us?

""No words""
 41yrs • M •
Are there revolutions or changes? Is a line a series of dots of a flow? I'll give you an honest answer: I couldn't prove either to you. It depends on how you view things. What we have here is the evolution/creationist debate in essence.

I believe things are flows; so yes its a progression-this, however, requires a very deep level of understanding. Yes, if we teach this, we become more equal.

Heres a good experiment; this forum says 'think revolutionary' would it have the same effect at drawing in people if it said 'think progressively'?

""No words""
 41yrs • M •
Like a ball of lightning moving. True.

My goal and where I see is that those two little words 'think revolutionary' are quite brilliant of themselves and of the progression from them. The goal, for me, would be to "'empathise' 'progressively'" or to "'understand' progressively'" or to "'feel' progressively'". Is it too distant a soud to hear? lol. Make it louder

""No words""
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Most women don't like to question their surroundings because they are more focussed on being the stupid yogurt heads men want them to be.

Decius, your answer surprised me, albeit your following responses were justifiable. Oh, and hi!

quote:
I personally have never met a girl that had the power to think as abstractly as I can. Then again, I haven't met any guys that could do it either.

awakendwraith, intelligence is very multi-dimensional and can have many definitions. Please define what you might consider intelligent.

33yrs • M •
LunarMoon is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
Durring my time in middle school we, the honors students, had the same math teacher for all three years. We grew together in the group of 20ish students in the class and most of us stay in contact. Now as for the ratio of girls to guy in the class we were outnumberd 3 to 1. However, ignoring the lack of motivation, all the males were drastically more intellegent than the females. This group also shared many of the same classes and myself with several other of the males in our math class were the top students in the school for ALL areas.

As stated before, using the current educational system as a benchmark of intelligence is fallacious. It has no scientific proof of its evaluation accuracy, few scientists actually believe that it's a valid predictor of intelligence (that would be the purpose of IQ tests), a large amount of prominent intellectuals performed poorly in it, Einstein and Thomas Edison being the most famous, it only measures a small amount of intellectual skills (fact regurgitation, logical intelligence, and reading comprehension), since at least the space race its constantly been used as a testing ground of poorly observed psychological and learning concepts, usually stomps out creativity in individuals by the 3rd grade, and overall requires few elements of critical thought. Middle School is even worse than High School in these problems
quote:
Women like the men who give them what they need and piss off because unpredictability is attractive; essentially its a sign of self power.

I personally believe that its seen as an ability to adapt quickly to new situations
quote:
I believe things are flows; so yes its a progression-this, however, requires a very deep level of understanding.

I tend to lean more towards the theory that intellectual progression is a series of dots. Scientific progression is rarely linear; old theories are often proven wrong and the technology of a society is not governed by a basic numerical value called 'scientific progression'. Technology is created due to sets of individual events; I hope I'm explaining this clearly. This is why two societies may be equally advanced in one area of science; say agriculture, yet one society may be less advanced in another such as weaponry. It all has to do with the individual circumstances.
quote:
However, I would say progression and revolution are part of the same animal. Progression as it is generally understood is the part that leads up to an eventual revolution. Then the cycle begins again.

They're definitely of the same species though while progression involves the slow advancement of technology over a long amount of time, a revolution is a quick change or advancement. For example, while the slow development of agricultural methods was a progression, Einstein's writings on relativity were revolutionary.

In the end it seems that the difference in the number of male and female intellectuals seesm to be largely due to enviromental factors. A large amount of what is stereotypically culturally feminine is contrary to the nature of an intellectual. Females are taught from a young age to be passive and even unquestioning, males are taught to be aggressive. While males are quickly introduced to scientific readings and works, females are not expected to take part in math and science (if you are told that you have no talent in something, reality willl eventually be made to "conform" to this). Males are quickly introduced to building blocks and other toys to help them improve their building and spacial skills while females are given dolls to create a nurturing personality. The list goes on. However, there's little proof that the prominence of a greater of estrogen somehow decreases intelligence.

38yrs • F •
Decius, you stated that according to the freud's way of thinking
quote:
Every emotionally healthy man will generally look for a wife that resembles the perfect mother figure, and every emotionally healthy woman will seek a husband that resembles the perfect son figure.

And yet there are countless women who pick a man who ends up beating them or sexually abusing their child. And in some mens cases where they pick women that end up cheating on them or doing something wrong to screw up the family and the relationship.
quote:
But if you focus and clarify the thinking part and examine the instinctual part, you will see that most men yearn to provide and alter the world so that their female counterparts (who play the part of their mother figures) are protected and safe. Hence, they are more likely to come to place like this which is geared towards educating and changing the world for the better.
Not true, so many children are abused, mentally and physically, by one or both of their parents. Some people just aren't ment to be parents and yet they believe if the find they find the perfect mother figure for their kids or a perfect father figure for their kids that all will be fine.
quote:
Now bad guys, tough guys, crazy guys, artistic guys, expressive guys, these are all the type of personality that are unpredictable The first few there are alos dominant in behaviour.These guys women will get tired of because they wont produce a 'healthy' family to nurture.
Heyjme1, I can see by your statement that women do tend to go for the bad seed for the sheer excitement of it all, many of them never leave them. Many women end up creating families and leading miserable lifes because of it. The sheer excitement is gone but the relationship isn't. Also, even if a man is reliable many times he's is emotionally unstable. With in family and friends I have encountered this. The male in the relationship looks good on paper but there is something in his character that is not quite "whited out". This stain in his character makes for a very unstable and unhappy relationship. And many times the woman ends up staying with the man, regreting it later. I know that all of us have some stains on our characters but many of us are able to work past it and create healthy enviornments for ourselves. But many times its better to look at a man or a woman as perfect for you and not look at them as "perfect father/mother" types, because it's at those times where we're left with the outmost disappointment. Again, I say this from experiencing this through family.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/neutered_clown/rfreud.jpg
I know this is a late post but I had school, which was much more important ...

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just got done reading every post on this thread and in some of the sub-topic conversations regarding psychology, it seems you're all basically saying life is about working towards the climax. Individually and as a whole. It's true though, life is a big progression to climax and once we reach it, we have a great relief. Nothing in life would feel good without a long wait and that moment of fulfillment, its a build up, putting off momentary enjoyment to work towards something and get all that pent-up enjoyment at the same time. It's kinda like there's a pleasure meter and the more you use it, the less its effects are felt. But if you constantly resist it, its effects regenerate.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that FreakishOne is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have very few female friends. There is a reason for this. I do not get along with most of them well. Why? Because the majority of them come off as shallow and unintelligent, lacking the ability to question beyond whether they are having a good hair day or not. And I am saying this as a female. But I think this has a lot to do with acceptance. Acceptance among other females, and acceptance among males. It's much easier to fit in this way. This does not mean that they ARE shallow and unintelligent. They keep themselves closeted. If you start and inellectual conversation with them, the majority of them will be able to hold their own. Many girls just dont take the initiative to start them.

And intelligence is such a vague word anyway. Girls are more intelligent on emotional levels than guys are. Guys generally are more mathematical minded and logical. Females often do very well in classes like english and creative writing and art, just as well as males do.

Woman have not played a major role in inventing because society has not allowed it. Up until the 70's the majority of woman were "house wives". This has almost completely disappeared. More and more woman are thinking on abstract levels than ever. More and more woman are playing major roles in our society and government than ever before. Men still do not see us as equals, on levels of intelligence (obviously, just look back and read some of these posts) - but we are definately on the road to taking our opportunities to prove ourselves. This might be easier if people - men in particular but some woman too - werent so biased.

"Give me the freedom to destroy"
 78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Women are less involved in the Internet in general. It is we males who have the most opinions.

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that FreakishOne is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are you more opinionated or are you more vocal about your opinions than womam? Thats ridiculous.

Its all relative.

"Give me the freedom to destroy"
More guys than girls on these forums...why? - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy