If you want to know a man, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. - YoungWarrior
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

PETA's Actions Ethical?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
PETA's Actions Ethical?
If a person with good intentions does something evil, is it ok? ( I used the generic terms of good and evil.)

PETA (animal rights non-profit) spies on laboratories to undercover illegal acts of cruel treatment towards animals.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
[  Edited by Attolia at   ]
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 35ft Lemon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I watched a movie with Hugh Grant and Gene Hackman in it....anyways it was about a docter (Gene Hackman) and he was taking homeless people and doing operations on them to find a cure for some kind of disease. Blah blah blah...the point is, if you were on the edge of a medical breakthrough would it be wrong to take the lives of homeless people, quite strangers that nobody ever gives a damn about?

Personally I think that you should ask people who are already dying and dont mind dying for a good purpose to give their lives for the medical breakthrough. It would be "evil" if you just went out onto the street and nabbed any joe blow and performed operations on him.

"Midnight Is Where The Day Begins"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That is very debatable. Suicide (or killing yourself for medical research) is a very selfish act. You may assume that a guy living in the streets has no one who cares about him, but how would you know?

But on a more general basis, is it okay to hurt someone if you have good intentions? I suppose it's circumstantial.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But on a more general basis, is it okay to hurt someone if you have good intentions? I suppose it's circumstantial.

Depends on the context. A convicted bank robber on parole assualted three men using a garden hoe as a weapon. The charges were dropped because his intent was noble. The three assualted men had been gang raping a woman prior to their assualts.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

In my opinion if you accidentally hurt someone with good intentions it is neither good nor bad.
Its just how it is.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
PETA is evil.

They've been busted dumping bags full of dead dogs and cats in dumpsters.

What they do is, people who can nolonger take care of thier pets, or don't want to. Instead of taking them to the animal shelter and having them possibly put to sleep, they would pay PETA to take them and find a good home for them. PETA would just take them and kill them and throw them into dumpsters, this is where most of their funding comes from to pay for actors to make love in front of KC for getting there chickens from places that are not humane to chickens. When they got caught, they called it mercy killing.

Once again, its all about money and its just another way of making it - PETA is no better then anyone else.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not to be mean to anyone but i bet that is all just hear say from one to another.

Its about the morals. Do you think that butchering an innocent animal for your afternoon snack is right?

Just some thoughts.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Animals kill animals to live and we are an animal, believe it or not.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
PETA's Actions Ethical?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy