Your body is a whole, all of its parts connected. Your body wants health. Every choice you make has a profound impact on how you live, feel, age. Only a true understanding and appreciation of your body will enable you to live long and live healthy. - Andrew Weil, M.D.
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is our relationship? Is he my boyfriend?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
sillygirl is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i've been seeing this guy for the past couple of weeks...
he always asks me to hang out...
he always calls...

we get pretty physical...
and he's pretty affectionate...

but i dont know what exactly he thinks our relationship is...

does he consider me his girlfriend?

i made sure not to think of it as a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship..because we did just start hanging out...
but everytime we hang out ...we get really physical...
so i was hoping we were atleast in that direction..

and last night after fooling around he told me he'd call me tomarrow...which is today.

i'm wondering if he didnt call because he just realized it was valentines day...and got scared i would think of him as a boyfriend???

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! help my confusion please.

i'm so confused.

anyone think they know whats up?

"i wish i could talk to myself like i was someone else"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well, i dont like titles. i know that. and the best advice i can give is to ask him what he feels and then tell him how you feel. and that you need to be honest.

and why do you want him to be your boyfreind? are you happy with your current relationship? what are you looking for?
if you only want him to be your boyfreind because you want the comfort and the clean conscience then i think you just need to get over that/yourself. not in an ass-hole way. but its really not that important. if you are both happy, awsome. if you arent, talk about it.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
for the most part, labels get in the way of expressing feelings.

guys have a habit of not calling, dont take it too personally.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
gotta agree with awakened. if you are both happy with your situation who cares what its called. see how it develops. but dont push too hard to find out what he thinks the realtionship is, cause you may scare him, or he may give an answer that you dont want.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
(sigh) You boys are dumb. The term 'boyfirend' isn't used as a simple label. If a boy says he wants to be a 'boyfriend', it means that he wants to be commited to someone and have the public recognize the two of themas a couple, not because they want the public label of a couple to villify what they do together, but because it points out that one person is devoted to the other and the presention of themselves as 'boyfirend' and 'girlfriend' tells others to back off. 'Boyfirend' is a term of devotion.
I think, sillygirl, if you ask him point-blank about his feelings and whether or not the two of you are an exclusive couple or just playing around then he will answer you honestly. Best of luck to you.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy