If at first you don't succeed, then lie and cheat your way through. - the great focy
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Defending Muhammed

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Defending Muhammed
i dislike ppl who dont know the first thing about the prophet muhammed, and jus chat and mock him. recently therez been disgusting pictures drawn of him. he was drawn as a ugly man, with guns cumin out of his turban, another picture with a baby in his lap. im sure you people know that one of his wives was nine years old. the picture with the baby in his arms show that he is a paedophile. RUDE.
our prophet is somebody who we love, i love him more than my parents. if somebody was to do this to someone such as martin luther king, ppl would freak.
im freakin ryt now. it is disrespect, i believ that not everyone is like this and insults him, but the point is, that as time goes on, more and more people will start to believ thes things. he married a women called aisha. she was the only virgin wife he had, all the others old, divorced, widowed. she loved him with such a passion. she did not hav a problem with so why do you. when he died she was eighteen years old. he died in her arms. the last mesenger of god, died in his wifes arms, the wife who he married wen she was so young. that the best love story i heard. i know you all have heard about how muslim men opress their women, ill let you know that the men that have faith and actually follow the way of muhammed, would never ever treat them like this. on his last speach b4 he died, he sed many important things, such as no black man is better than an arab, and no arab better than a black man, allah made us so we may get along, not fight, we're equal. in this important speech he also sed, be good to your women, he was the best man to his wives. never hit them, never beat them, never shouted at them, treated them with respect. our first feminist was muhammed. please, if anyone speaks bad of him infront of you, i beg you 2 find out more bout this amazing man. he was never a terrorist neither were his companions. they learnt from him, as do peacful the muslims now.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm sorry - I don't know about Denmark, but here we are many religions, while I agree they all should be respected, that does not mean we all need to be silent about how we feel about eachothers belief.

I don't understand why muhammed cannot be portrayed in any way or fashion - that's the part I don't understand - WHY?

Is he greater than Jesus who does not have this restriction, and to ask that of those who don't even believe in him I think is really pushing the envolope of freedom.

I didn't know about his nine year old bride, or his other brides, it was never a concern of mine.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 34yrs • F •
itz all bout respect.

64yrs • M •
U can respect our freedom. Because U have chosen the restrictions of muhammed does not mean we have to.

34yrs • F •
the thing is, wateva u say, no matter how much u talk bout ur freedom of wateva, u need 2 respect people, u need 2 respect us, becoz we respect u. sometyms ppl just go 2 far. ppl hate blacks. but if they stand on top of their houses scream kill all the niggers, itz a criminal offecnce, but havent they got the ryt 2. arent we violating this racistz freedom. now dnt say 2 me, that muslims dnt respect others, wateva, butalot of us do, and the reason why i started thsi thread was not 2 hav an argument, but 4 ppl 2 resaerch bout him b4 they speak bout him. they jus sound and look ignorant. thatz all, okay they did it and it hurt me, coz i respect him. as far i am concerned they shudnt hav done it but they hav now, i jus dnt want ppl out there learnin from those cartoons. u get me.

64yrs • M •
I haven't seen the cartoons - even in the articles I have read they don't show the cartoons (I suspect out of respect).

I still don't understand the protest, because we're not supposed to portray muhammed and I think that's asking to much.

If Jesus was portrayed in a bad way it might cause a protest, but they would not protest because Jesus was portrayed.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Respect for you and respect for things you choose to believe in or cherish are two different things.

I think if people were able to see the life of both Jesus and Muhammed, they would most likely be shocked by realities not portrayed in their faithful accounts and banter.

Anyone who is ever idolized is idolized for their good parts, this does not mean their average and bad parts do not exist. Regardless of what books and fanatical followers lie to themselves about.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
where there is no freedom there is no truth.

I'll defend freedom anyday - because in it you will find truth.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've asked one Muslim friend about this. She said that Islam wants to prevent what happened to Jesus, drawn, idolized as God instead of a prophet of God. Also, right next to the love of God in Islam is the love for Muhammad (which is supposed to be greater than the love of yourself, your family, your life.)

Does tany of this make sense or sound reasonable to anyone?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 64yrs • M •
If the protests were just shouting and carrying signs.

But they throw rocks, damage property, threaton people, and why burn the Danish flag? No, it makes no sense to me.

If they're giving us a message, I would say it is avoid them and their religion, these people are nuts.

36yrs • F •
Why is the media just protraying the violent protests? Why don't they show the Muslims who reasonbly write letters to the newspaper?

I think some politically driven fundamentalist Muslims are just looking for another reason to burn a flag of Western country with foreign policies they hate. It's the only thing they can do. Unlike the U.S, they can't threaten that well.

The whole cartoon was a stupid, stupid act. Why the hell would anyone want to hit the nerve of Muslims when Muslims hate Western foreign policy enough as it is?

What would you do is Muslim newspapers started putting pictures of Bush shaking hands with Jesus and handing him a nuke?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • F •
Interesting.
quote:
"The other day the president of Iran made a statement about the Holocaust and the whole world condemned him," he said. "Here you have a statement offending 1.3 billion people around the world. Why don't we see condemnation?"

"There is one set of rules for the West and another set for everyone else," he added. "Where do we draw the line on your freedom of speech and hurting my feelings and principles and irritating the hell out of me?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060204/ts_alt_afp/europeislammediausgroups
_060204100447;_ylt=Al86RFD72OB..aY3spSTi6qs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNl
YwM3MTg
-

64yrs • M •
quote:
What would you do is Muslim newspapers started putting pictures of Bush shaking hands with Jesus and handing him a nuke?

Jesus wouldnt' do that - but still it would not cause such a protest.

I understand the Muslims are frustrated and maybe this is just a way for them to vent - I did see pictures of Bush depicted as the number one terrorists - unfortunatly I have to agree, he's responsible for more innocent deaths then any terrorist.

If the Muslims had a better understanding of democratic polictal systems, they would not protest like they are, it is only hurting their cause.

Maybe the media is making a bigger deal of this then they should, this way they can justify Bush and his actions, unfortunatly, that's the way it works.

36yrs • F •
The U.S. is supposed to be a democracy. Why should they love a government system that justifies killing them? I'm not saying they're not guilty. A good percentage are uneducated and ignorant about their religion (two of the worst imaginable combinations.)

64yrs • M •
Of course I don't expect them to love America - if I was in their shoes, I would hate America too, and maybe even believe that Democracy is some kind of Satanic thing - but they follow leaders to the death, you'd think those leaders would know better, if you're out maned and out gunned, you're not going to win this thing by blowing up bridges and isolating yourself.

Denmark is not responsible for those cartoons. Would you agree that not every Muslim is responsible for 9/11?

We all need to start learning (us included), criminals need to be punished for crimes not innocent bystanders.

In a free society people do have the right to express their opinion. The KKK is allowed to march because a black lawyer fought for them in court so they could have that right even though everybody hates them, and rightfully so.

Certain rights that people have died fighting for will not be given up easily. If the Muslims do go to war on free speech - I guarantee you they will loose - if you have Muslim friends, you might warn them, and explain to them that they have the same rights to free speech and might do better to take advantage of it rather then fight against it.

Defending Muhammed
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy