Life is good once you know how to master the enigma, which is known as the Internet. - pepeje2k1
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Defending Muhammed - Page 2

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i do not believe that it is the fault of all the danish, but the reason why people are overeacting is becoz trust me wat they did was huge in our eyes. not coz we enjoy it, we're just sayin dnt do it, we wont do it 2 u. burnin the danish flag, i dnt no why they did that.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well maybe we all learned something from this. Freedom of speech is important but we do need to respect other peoples beliefs.

People have fought hard to earn that right and as always it is taken advantage of by those who never made the sacrifice, and it is they who will usually abuse it.

If it helps, there was a protest of 3,000 asking for peace, apologizing for stepping on tradition.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Remeber, media focus on tragedy, often the most extreme forms. Why say that millions of people are protesting peacefully when you know that the public is more likely to listen about the handful of hotheads who burnt flags and caused damage? Never judge until you've heard the story from different viewpoints.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 64yrs • M •
You're right - we have to be careful when we listen to the media.

I remember way back when, when I used to believe Saddam was a threat to the world.

They did light a match and threw gasolene on top of it didn't they.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe the Danish journalists and the other european countries that broadcast the cartoon are all absolutely wrong. In this climate, it is inappropriate to publish such media. You must understand, and be sensitive to the tension that is rife amongs the west and middleeast at the moment and then reconsider broadcasting the cartoons. It is insenitive and unprofessional, the cartoons stereotype and portray one billion people as terrorists. It caricatures their most worshipped idol, their identity, it borders on being racist. It is a mistake and a public apology should be made. Freedome of expression is a basic right but exercising this right must be with sensitivity. To make a mockery out of one billion people is not just a cartoon.

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
 34yrs • F •
thank u

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i jus dnt want ppl out there learnin from those cartoons. u get me.

Don't be too hasty, there is something very important and non muslim related to be learned by such pictures. Some of you have asked such questions...

quote:
Why is the media just protraying the violent protests?

quote:
Why the hell would anyone want to hit the nerve of Muslims when Muslims hate Western foreign policy enough as it is?

And then someone else answered them...

quote:
Maybe the media is making a bigger deal of this then they should, this way they can justify Bush and his actions, unfortunatly, that's the way it works.

The question that remains of the most relevance...

quote:
Denmark is not responsible for those cartoons

quote:
i do not believe that it is the fault of all the danish

Then who's fault is it?

I personally as of yet have not heard of the actual source have you guys? We know it was a Danish newspaper right? But Cartoons are generally independant contracts. And there is more importance and history to this that I will mention in a moment. But it does leave the question as to who the source is.

But here are the debates and questions making airtime. And a link to an article I'm going to quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02/03/cartoon.wrap.reut/

quote:
"It involves the whole Islamic world vis-a-vis Denmark and vis-a-vis the trend of Islamophobia," he said.

quote:
"This vicious, outrageous and provocative campaign cannot be justified in the name of freedom of expression or of the press," the Senate resolution said.

quote:
"If the protests escalate further, it may have unpredictable repercussions in all the countries affected and then the problem could grow into a more global one...

quote:
"The assault on the Prophet is an assault on Islam".

quote:
Pakistan's parliament on Friday passed a resolution condemning the cartoons as "blasphemous and derogatory".

quote:
"I am totally shocked and find it unacceptable that -- because there have been caricatures in the West -- extremists can burn flags or take fundamentalist or extremist positions which would prove the cartoonists right," he said.

quote:
The editor of a Norwegian magazine which reprinted the Danish cartoons said he had received 25 death threats and thousands of hate messages.

quote:
A Jordanian editor was sacked for reprinting them, despite saying his purpose had been only to show the extent of the Danish insult to Islam. "Oh I ask God to forgive me," Jihad Momani wrote in a public letter of apology.

quote:
Iraqi Christians said they feared a new wave of attacks by Muslims, driven by anger over the images.

All relevant, but still leaves me hanging.

Why do I want to know the actual source of the cartoons?

Because that happens to be one of the oldest and most admitted forms of propaganda and provacation tools such institutions as the CIA use.

Not that I'm making any such claim. Its just too big, too coincidental and convenient to not ask the question. I can't help but wonder after...

quote:
This vicious, outrageous and provocative campaign

quote:
If the protests escalate further, it may have unpredictable repercussions in all the countries affected and then the problem could grow into a more global one

quote:
I am totally shocked and find it unacceptable that -- because there have been caricatures in the West -- extremists can burn flags or take fundamentalist or extremist positions which would prove the cartoonists right

quote:
Maybe the media is making a bigger deal of this then they should, this way they can justify Bush and his actions, unfortunatly, that's the way it works

Covert provacatuers are a main part of CIA operations, among other foreign "intellegence" agencies.

The US government has been caught funding groups to start riots during peaceful protests, "revalutionary" factions, planting propaganda, aiding and training terrorists as CIA assets and arms and drug trade partners.

Though this event may pass, or explode into something more of course, but if it passes or explodes I don't want to never know why it happened and who did it.

Oh, and then I guess there is this

Another Russian MP Says Muslim Riots Were US Provocation

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2006/130206usprovocation.ht
m

http://www.unlearning.org/library/conspire.wmv

random link

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Some Muslims consider any images of Mohammad to be blasphemous.

This is a theme they seem to keep repeating over and over again as if this was the only reason for the protest.

NPR did a thing on the radio explaining that there was a cartoon contest. You might check there to find more information about the source.

34yrs • F •
i heard the iranians decided to make cartoons aswell. stupid, why stoop 2 their level. why. an eye 4 an eye my left foot.

41yrs • M •
thats ridiculous! it is really quite shocking how the protesters are conducting themselves. Burning flags, burining effigies, the extremists in london. The guy who dressed up as a suicide bomber! And he was protesting! later it was found out that he was a convicted drug dealer. he must be nominated for stupidityy of the year.

64yrs • M •
quote:
i heard the iranians decided to make cartoons

They might make me laugh.

Islam believes in Jesus, I'll have to study it a little closer, but I thought I remember reading that Mohammad is Jesus returned, but maybe just a group in Islam believes that. I'm sure that Islam is just like Christian and Jew - there are lots of different small groups who believe different things. From an outsider it can be confusing.

41yrs • M •
no youre wrong in Islam Jesus is the first prophet whereas Mohammed is the final prophet.

[  Edited by ITISASISEEIT at   ]
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Muhammad is considered the last prophet. They think Jesus was also a prophet and not the son of God and think Jesus came before Muhammad to tell people about God's oneness.

And its not the actual drawing that Muslims are protesting as much as how the drawing depicted their most loved figure. Imagine doing that to Jesus or Buddha.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 34yrs • F •
jesus wasnt the frst as far as islam is concerned, that was adam, then noah...... then it goes on. jesus was the 2nd last. muhammed the last.

41yrs • M •
so what proof is there that muhammed is a profit? jesus performed miracles what did muhammed do? forgive my ignorance on this subject. im new to religion.

Defending Muhammed - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy