Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Jeans and heels are painful

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jeans are too tight and constrict body movements as do heels.

I remember being anxious to try on a pair of the tight-fitting jeans all the girls wear. Oh my God, getting them on was the first problem. I couldn't bend or sit down comfortably. I never bought tight jeans. They are so tight, they hurt.

High heels- I wore high heeled boots for one day and my calf muscles were aching for the rest of the week. You can't take big steps easily. They restrain the movement of your feet. They suck too.

Why am I telling you this? To point out the ridiculousness of fashion and the pain that girls go through just wearing these. "It doesn't matter how it feels, as long as people think I'm beautiful" is what one girl told me. I'd understand why high school girls would wear these, being generally insecure and emerged in all the peer pressure of high school culture, but adult women?

Fashion IS NOT beauty. Fashion could care less about beauty.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have to agree with you on heels being ridiculous, but I basically live in my blue jeans. You just have to find a pair that is comfortable and easy for your body type.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 36yrs • F •
It's not just ridiculous to me. It really scares me. The amount of control our perceptions have on us. We're physically harming ourselves for "beauty." We kill ourselves for money. We suppress our thoughts to please others.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
fashion sucks, there are many wayz of lookin beautiful without cramming your feet into heels. and jus wear loser jeans, dnt wear heels, dnt feel compelled by fashion. itz all bout money not beauty.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fashion is a symptom of a greater sickness. The bigger problem is actually socialization. People fall for fashion because the media tells them they need it. This is why people will hurt themselves for fashion sake. It is a desperate reaction to the extreme individualistic society we live in.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
fashion is a strange and worrying thing, its amazing how humans can create a thing and then let it control them. we worry about creating AI and ending up in the matrix, yet we fail to notice what we have already done. gotta laugh at humanity really.

as for the tight jeans thing, i agree with mindfields, you do just need to find a pair that fit you perfectly. most of the girls i know who wear them have not trouble moving in them, and at least a couple wouldnt wear them if they were uncomfortable.

but i will agree that there is little point to high heels, accept adding height, but why?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
but i will agree that there is little point to high heels, accept adding height, but why?

I had a highschool friend who was overly sensitive about her height and so she wore heels to add a couple inches but she always complained that her feet hurt. It's because the image of beauty is not short

36yrs • F •
I just wished that guys (and girls) didn't think tight jeans and high heels were beautiful because it's just reinforcing the painful fashion

39yrs • M •
People just get told what to think because they lack proper social interaction. But if we spent less time listening to media and more time with eachother we could solve a lot of problems

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Attolia, just be thankful that YOU are comfortable enough with your self-esteem to put function before form. Those who can't see past what is on the outside of each of us are due for a rude awakening one of these days.

On a similar note, the amount of MONEY spent on clothes and fashion in general irritates me alot. I can appreciate fashion as an art-form just as anything else, but when people are paying hundreds of dollars for sunglasses things have just gotten crazy. Putting so much importance on such a little thing as clothing just seems crazy to me.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 36yrs • M •
i can understand paying more for a know label in certain things, for example if you go walking regularly, paying several hundred for a goretex jacket is fine, its an investment, it will keep you warmer and drier than a cheaper coat would. but when people will pay 2 grand for a handbag, thats when you know things are up the creek. ill pay more for quality, but the label isnt neccessary. you can get what you want and it will look just as good, but for half the price.

whay are so many girls so self conscious? my girlfriend is incredibly self conscious at times. not vain, but she would never ever wear a strappy top to school, just cos she thinks people would judge her. are girls that judging? there are girls who wear them and definitely shouldn't, and some of the goths at our school are definitely a interesting looking, i dont think anyone would even notice if she wore a strap top. how do you explain that no-one cares about it?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the important thing is choice. If a girl wants to wear heals and tight jeans to look good that's her business. Maybe she just wantsto impress a certain boy or maybe she thinks she will meet a boy to impress. Like a grabber or some bait to hook that fish with. Why do people put table clothes down? It looks nice. Is it practical? No for you could just eat on the table. But, it brings in customers for why eat at a "dirty" place when you can eat at a nicer place. I think it's just practical and accepting the shallowness of this world.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
But what is freaky is that they still wear heels and constricting clothing even when it hurts. Just like women in the Victorian era worse corsets. You'd think people would made the connection that if what they are wearing hurts them, they should change their clothes.

(Going off topic) Who do women care about what they wear? Why are they so self-conscious about it (as Cynical asked?) This is what I read a few days ago. A woman's main line of survival has been, until recently, through man. So women have done what they've can to marry economically stable men. Once women realize that their body draws attention from men, they dress and move in a certain way. You can debate this in a new thread. I just wanted to mention it.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah people inflict pain upon themselves all the time. Would you say that everything that causes pain is bad? I think a little pain every now and then is good for people. Adversity builds character.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
yes but surely wearing clothes that hurt purely to draw attention to yourself should count as a form of self harm. i definitely think that some effort should be made to try and advertise the idea of practicality before looks. anyway personally id prefer my partner to be attractive and comfortable, rather than trying to squash herself into clothes that are a size to small, because she thinks thats what appeals to me.

1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy