Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Superiorority complex

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Superiorority complex
I think I may have this complex and just realized it the other day when I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds.

I pretty much feel all the time that noone around me can do a job as good as I can. That people are always doing something wrong or that they are not going in 100%. In particular at my Meat shop. The workers there I feel are never doing a good enough job and I feel I need to step in to show them how EXACTLY how to do it. Or I end up just doing it myself.

I have always seen myself doing this but never thought anything of it until the words were spoken on TV about this person's complex. Now who is to say I just have a complex and that I actually do better work or I always do the job or task at hand 100% I dunno. I do whole heartily feel that 99% of the workers out there do not give 100% at work. Most people are lazy and feel that they aren't getting paid enough, well that's a whole other topic right there.

It really really get my blood boiling when I see this lack of energy at work, luckily I am the manager/soon to be owner of my work place so I can step in a and say enough is enough we need to work here. Or I can step in and say you need to do it this way for whatever reason. I also find my self super impatient with the learning curve of my staff as well. They just seem to be on another planet, not with it, like their body is at work and their mind/awareness is on permanent vacation.

I think I will have to work on this to further understand it fully.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i believe you are correct in your assumption about the lazyness and lack of work ethic amongst most people. the difference between a person with a superiority complex and a person who is simply frustrated with the position they are in lies in the way they approach the situation.

you may indeed have a slight complex, but the fact that you have recognized it shows that it isnt as bad as it could be. a person with a severe superiority complex is so blinded by others "inadaquacies" that they fail to see any within themselves. they are unwilling to empathize with others during their times of struggle.

you must ask yourself: do i question others lack of motivation, or simply pass it off as being lazy? do i make attempts to see things from their viewpoint, or do i base their initiative(lack of) on my own?

nobody likes a boss who rules with an iron fist. it may be effective up to a point, but eventually you will burn yourself out and things will crumble. empathizing is much more effective, as well as less tiring in the long run.

patience is an invaluable trait in the work place and it becomes harder to hold on to as you work more and more. i see a lot of older co workers who i once thought had a superiority complex, but now i realize theyve just grown impatient.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think a lot of workers are quite unmotivated, and its quite understandable in some of the more repetative manual labour (believe me i know, i work in a staff restaurant at weekends) there is a distinct desire to do things to the state that it is "good enough". and it is much easier to expect things done near perfectly as management. if you try doing the same task every single time, most of the staff i work with are happy as long as its hygenic, doesnt have to be spotless and shiny, but it must be clean.

empathy is the key to dealing with things like that. trying doing the manual job for a day, and see what you think about the workers less than 100% approach afterwards.

im not saying its right if workers slack, but you cant expect perfection at all times.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A good start Restless,
Like others I took a job as waiter [serving meals] in a beach side restaurant.
We were paid below min. hourly wage & were required to submit tips as source of income [as well as split with bus persons] to meet that requirement.
Which may not be as bad as it seems, to in effect serve patrons required my being attentive of their needs [desires]. I would stand back as not be intrusive yet not hiding away so they would have to watch for me to get my attention. I in effect began to read people, their subconscious body language which communicated their desires before they became conscious of it themselves.
When I go out to eat I expect the same type of attitude, I really dislike those establishments that add gratuity [tips] to the bill.
I reward according to what I receive as service, not particularly according to some percentage. On the other hand, I can certainly accept that if the place is full, then they may be to busy serving to be as attentive as one would normally expect.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
Superiorority complex
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy