My religion is sarcasm. The theme is sarcasm. The motto is 'THIS IS A SERIOUS RELIGION!' - fireflys
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Chances are high when it comes to rape - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
With that logic than no one has responsibility for anything while being intoxicated.

If you get drunk and do something illegal that is your responsibility. However if a woman is drunk it is assumed that she did not consent to sex. This is where the law has difficulty equally protecting people.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok that makes no sense. Then it would be assumed that you don't consent to anything. If that were law, then the defense would work both ways. Why would a woman have no responsibility while a man does, especially since both are in the same frame of mind? To say that would mean that men are superior to women, which is obviously not true.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Under Canadian law, consent is deemed not to be obtained if:

"the agreement is expressed by the words or conduct of a person other than the complainant", or

"the complainant is incapable of consenting to the activity, i.e. blacked out, impaired by alcohol or narcotics, unconscious, sleeping", or

"the accused induces the complainant to engage in the activity by abusing a position of trust, power, or authority", or

"the complainant expresses, by words or conduct, a lack of agreement to engage in the activity", or

"the complainant, having consented to engage in sexual activity, expresses, by words or conduct, a lack of agreement to continue to engage in the activity."

quote:
Some people believe it is OK to force a person to have sex:

if the person hitchhikes

if the person is thought to be "a tease" or "loose"

if a woman goes braless

if the person pets

if the person gets drunk

if the person goes to the aggressor's home

if the person "leads them on"

if the person dresses in a way that is considered sexy or provocative

if the person "turns them on"

if a woman asks a man out

if they spend money on the person

In fact, forcing a person to have sex under any of these conditions is sexual assault

http://www.ualberta.ca/dept/health/public_html/healthinfo/sacan.htm

39yrs • M •
quote:
Why should stupid girls be protected from their own stupidity?

Why should anyone be protected from anything? Why is it that the girls need to be more careful? Why can't guys be more responsibile?

By the way Decius did you decide to just give up on the empathy thing or do you just pick which people are good enough for you to empathize with?

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Hence, I conclude, that most women who are raped are stupid and should have intelligence beaten into them rather than congratulated, just like a moron hating black people in a black neighbourhood would.

Violently raped women deserve support, understanding and compassion. Ones that do not seek to use this as a means of excusing their stupidity.

a little off topic, but how could you decide which was which?
with being unndeniably accurate.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is a very strange subject - one I must admit I like to stay away from, because this is a double edge sword.

I've seen women who would dress provocativly, make come ons and put themselves in compromising situations - and I have to believe that they do it on purpose so that they can cry foul and get their settlement or advancement.

On the otherhand, I've seen unsuspecting women get railroaded because they wouldn't put out or dress provicative or even go out on a date - these are the ones usually targeted by a rapest and they usually don't say anything.

I read this study that was done. Rapist go after weak women and usually leave the bold women alone.

So the law, while it trys to be just ends up doing the opposite. Bolder women take advantage of it and use it as leverage usually against men who usually would not rape a women, because the rapest rarely moves against a bold women.

While victims of actual rape or incest usually keep silent, because they are the weaker women who rarely speak up.

We need to bring back old traditions. Boys should be raised up to act like gentlemen and girls should be raised to act like ladies.

It might seem like yuk to a lot of us, but I believe it is the only solution.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Don't play with matches if you don't want to get burned. I think that's how the saying goes.

What I mean by that is if someone plays with them are they more responsible then someone who gets burned in a random fire. Which of the two are more likely to occur. Exactly someone who takes precautions are not at fault and someone that doesn't and is careless is more. The fire is a metaphor for rape.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
Chances are high when it comes to rape - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy