The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. - Amarant Coral (Final Fantasy IX)
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Karma and such.

User Thread
 33yrs • F •
tabloid tactics is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Karma and such.
Today I lied to my mom and dad about going to see my friend today. But in fact, I went to my other friend's house today and I'm not supposed to be seeing this person outside of school. Now I have a bad feeling something bad's gonna happen to that person I saw. Karma or over reacting?

"Life is one long insane trip. Some people just have better directions. **Donnie Darko**"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im no psycologist or even good at guessing so im am going to say your most liklly overreacting just on a wim here. ive been involved in a situation slightlly similar to this. One day one of my friends couldnt have any friends in his house but didnt care since he really has issues with his day, so ironiclly acording 5 minutes affter i left his dad showed up. Forutnelly i wasnt there so he didnt get in trouble about me being there but he was pissed for varius other reasons.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That can only be put as paranoid. I personally believe that karma works in opposite directions. If you do something good something bad will happen to you and vice versa. Karma is a balancer not a rewarder.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
karma is the consequence of action. bad things dont happen to you for being good, they happen for being bad.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes traditionally it does but in my opinion it doesn't.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
surely thats counted as paranoia, or at least pessimism.

Karma is a bit of a joke really, it appears to sometimes exis an othertimes not. many people do get what they deserve, but others appear to get away with everything, im sure someone will happily tell me that they will burn in hell for eternity while we sit happy in heaven or whatever, or that these people arent actually, happy, but plenty of these people seem genuinely happy enough, or at least as happy as others are with their situation if they have done good. Karma is a bit of wishful thinking.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
Karma and such.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy