Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The last leg for Atheism - Page 7

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Summit

You and Mr.Carlin have gotten religon confused with God. God IS seperate from religion. I do NOT beleive God is invisible. I think you see him when you look at a blade of grass. I do NOT beleive God "sits" in the sky. I do NOT beleive God has "10" rules of which we should follow. I do NOT beleive God will punish us to suffering in a hell for all eternity. No matter if we "broke the rules" or not

For you information

Religion= A group of people who have a "personel" beleif as to what, and who God is, and what exactly is ethics and understaing are.

God= An idea that an entity is all powerfull, all existing, and the provider of purpose in our existence.

**********The idea of God is a question who's answer is extemely broad and left up to our indivdiual ideal's. But I think the above is the best generally stated answer, as to what God is. This is if he exist or doesn't. In other words "if he did exist" then this is what he would have to be to fullfill the idea of God.************

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Conway: that quote was a light hearted play on religion. Just a bit of sarcasm, thats all. Unless you want to take it seriously thats fine.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 39yrs • M •
oh. sometimes I do not regionize jest to well.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Would you conceed that if I give you enough evidence that God does indeed exist, you would believe in him?

No. i wouldnt

Isnt that narrow minded?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good point Mr. Smith

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
just thought id let you guys know im agnostic. i got scared that i was going to go to hell, therefore i had doubts, therefor i am agnostic.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
quote: Would you conceed that if I give you enough evidence that God does indeed exist, you would believe in him?

No. i wouldnt

Isnt that narrow minded?

its only narrow minded via opion not fact.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Buttom line... any thing is possible so God or god could exist.
However, when any trully logical mind examines the situation such creatures become childish vagaries.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 39yrs • M •
when a truely logical mind examins it......
he would say it is better that god does exist.For then if he doesnt' logic would state non-existence after life. As my orginal post said some Atheist prefer non-existence. Which baffles me. That was truely the whole point of my thread.

35yrs • M •
We are all part of a singular consciousness only devided by the self. When you die your system of energy that is your whole making dissapates and your consciousness fades. Without memories we are all the same.

You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
he would say it is better that god does exist.For then if he doesnt' logic would state non-existence after life.

nothing is wrong with non-existence. you see, we dont think it is the better way, we accept that its bullshit, because logic says that we will be nothing. not our preference, just the way it is. we do not lie to our selves. a logical mind isnt capable of that.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
when any trully logical mind examines the situation such creatures become childish vagaries.

quote:
This has a thought provoking message no matter how you believe. Does evil exist?

The university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists?
A student bravely replied yes, he did!"
"God created everything?" The professor asked.
"Yes, sir," the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil."
The student became quiet before such an answer.

The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?" "Of course", replied the professor. The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Everybody and every object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (- 460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have too little heat.

The student continued. "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does".

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor. "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. "These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love, that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young mans name --- Albert Einstein

Ofcourse Einstein was just a child, he didn't know any better.

35yrs • M •
Yes whats your point? He was a child. He was wrong to a degree. Though cold darkness and evil do not exist neither do warmth light and god.

64yrs • M •
You're wrong Ancient - warmth and light does exist.

So would that mean God exists?

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well usually light and warmth are associated with "god" but warmth and light can come in many forms other then faith based.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
The last leg for Atheism - Page 7
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy