when i feel lost i remind myself that i live in an ignorant place. i'm supposed to be lost... - spankster501
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The last leg for Atheism - Page 6

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My freinds if you are going to take that route then you will end up proveing God. For.........all those who chose to beleive in God, have feelings related to him as well. Just like you can "feel" love, it is possible that you can feel God. I "feel" peace when I think of him. Many other beleivers would attest to the beleif that you can feel God's love as well. I beleive I can. Atheist on the other don't feel it because they chose not to beleive in him. But it is no less there just as "human love" in no less there, even if you you don't have some one to love.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
choose

mind over matter.
you're tricking yourself.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Just like you can "feel" love, it is possible that you can feel God. I "feel" peace when I think of him.

it seems like it's all in your head then.. So, you relax and feel peace when you think of God.. you subconsciously know of all of his glory and imagine what it must be like to be in his presense from what you may have read or been told; Which would cause you to "feel" peace.

like awakenedwraith said "you're tricking yourself"

I know I have no idea what you must think when that feeling arises, but the way you say it makes it come off like that... ^_^;

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 39yrs • M •
So then lets think this through, because you all obviously haven't.

If then I am tricking myself about what I feel. Then when you love someone I can say that you are tricking yourself. The whol damn point was, that feelings are NOT tied to tangiable things. Love is NOT tangiable. And therefore it can exist towards ANY entitey wether that enity is taniabel it's self or not. Or even if it exists or not. The fact that someone can feel what they "deem" God's love IS NOT proof that he exist, but that however IS NOT proof that he doesn't. Who are you Etheral to say that what I feel is a trick of my own mind. I think you are tricking yourself into not beleiveing because you can't deal with the chance he may exist. I don't really think that about you, but I used it as a statement. You have no right to challenge what anyone says they "feel", and deem it false in all of your infinite knowledge.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 35yrs • M
first of all
quote:
God's love IS NOT proof that he exist, but that however IS NOT proof that he doesn't

well no shit.
quote:
Love is NOT tangiable.

i know. thats why i said that i didnt know if i was in love or not. but i extremely beleive it. and i have accepted that it may be false.
so....
quote:
Who are you Etheral to say that what I feel is a trick of my own mind.

someone who is not afraid to admit he might be wrong.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
So then you are as well afraid that you might be wrong.

If you weren't then you would be agnostic and not atheist. As you have claimed many times. Kinda stuck your foot in your mouth with that post.

35yrs • M
that doesnt make any sense at all.
please explain.

i am not afraid of god or anything that has to d o with religion. if i was i would be agnostic. i can "damn god" all i want and i dont get scared.
i really dont understand what you are saying.

39yrs • M •
You stated that you didn't know if you were in love. In fact because you had no evidence truley for of against it. Except a feeling. I'm saying one can feel God exists, and not be wrong. That's not to say he does or doesnt' exist. Just that thay beleive that he does just as at first you beleived you were in love. The same concept might be applied to God. And with all due respect to you, you are but 17. With in the next few years some much will happen to you, and your head will spin. You might find that the idea that God existing finds a place in your heart. As many beleivers would all agree to. You can feel God. Which doesnt' prove him to others, but certaintley proves hi m to you. Or......
You may never feel God at all. But the fact is you may one day change your mind. If you adimt that this is possible. Then you are agnostic. Not atheist.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Such meaningless words you two argue upon. If the concept of God is either proved or disproved would you really adapt your current life around the new findings? Exactly you wouldn't or at least you shouldn't. Which is why God's existence is irrelevant and thus doesn't exist.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M
i disagree. i beleive someone can be agnostic and then religous.
i now have an extreme lack of religion. i may not later.
this means
i am now atheist, i may not be later.

quote:
Such meaningless words you two argue upon. If the concept of God is either proved or disproved would you really adapt your current life around the new findings? Exactly you wouldn't or at least you shouldn't. Which is why God's existence is irrelevant and thus doesn't exist.

i was going to go in a ong exlpaination as to why this is stupid.
instead, shut the hell up. if you have nothing to contribute and the only thing that you want to do is feel cool, shut the hell up.

thankyou.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you can't put up an arguement then their is no arguement.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
All arguments bring wisdom even if in small unmesurable amounts. So I thank you Awakend for helping me to wisen.

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The point of liveing is to further better yourself on this fucked up earth. To live and love, treat the people that you love/know with respect and try to right the wrongs and injustice. To be a good fucking human being.

quote:
Exactly you wouldn't or at least you shouldn't. Which is why God's existence is irrelevant and thus doesn't exist.

And that is a good point. However you are not accepting that view as relevant Awakeing...keep an open mind dood. Take a minute and think about the statment for aminute. Just go over it about a dozen times. See if that makes any sense after that.

35yrs • M
i fully comprehend the statement that was made. the problem i had was this
quote:
Such meaningless words you two argue upon. If the concept of God is either proved or disproved would you really adapt your current life around the new findings?
you do not talk like this. why are you writing like that.

and yes. i understand that it doesnt make any sense to argue about god when it doesnt matter if god exists because if he was proven one way or the other i, and all other people, would most likely not change. but we are not arguing about god. i am defending atheists. there is a differense.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just randomly felt like placing a few quotes here, just because they are interesting.

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of 10 things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these 10 things he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end of time...but he loves you."
..........George Carlin

"What happens when we're dead? The irony is that all our questions wil be answered after we die. We spend our whole life trying to figure out the truth and the only way we'll find out what it is, is to get hit by a bus. And the only comfort that religion offers is that God is driving that bus." - John Ryman, When Galaxies Collide

oh and it seems to me that the only difference between religion and superstition is the spelling. Just some thoughts, thats all.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
The last leg for Atheism - Page 6
  2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy