We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Trailers for the film have been playing on english tv for a while now, and i think the film may have finally reached our shores, but i've not yet felt inclined to go and see the film, from the review ive read, it is somewhat lacking in the quality that the book had. I read the book as a child, and was semi interested by the idea of seein it as a film, what does anyone who has seen it think of it, how does it compare to the book?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i thought it was a great flick. im a huge fan of mythological creatures, so just seeing minotuars, centuars, cyclops, mermaids, giants ect. all in one movie was a big enough treat for me. the books were read to me as a child so theyve always held a special place inside me. the animals still looked fake at times, but i think they pulled off the special effects pretty nicely. all of the children did a very good job with acting too. Liam Neeson as the voice of Aslan was really cool.

8.5/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that deifiedslacker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree. it was really good. i thought the movie did the book justice and that rarely happens. also, the battle scene was exactly as i imagined it to be, and i was pleased about that. all in all it was a great movie and i highly recommend it.

"I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability."
 78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I will see it soon.

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
 36yrs • M •
i think you have persauded me to see it defied. i only wanted to see it if it did the book justice. i hate fiolms that lose some or all of the books qualities, even lord of the rings irked me a bit because of the extrandeous bits they added in.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
u guys r lucky movies and stuff dont come to australia for ages lol, love the book though cant wait for the movie

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 36yrs • M •
my mum went to see the film 2 days ago, and really enjoyed it. so i think i mite have to go and see it, as its had good reviews from everyone ive asked.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I haven't read the book since 5th grade or soemthing like that And I went to go see the movie this past sunday. I personally, really enjoyed it. The whole feeling of it made me feel like a little kid again that has that explosive imagination about mythical creatures and what not.

I'd say:
9.2/10

definitely recommend seeing this movie.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
didnt read the book and still dont want to. the alagory between jesus christ and the lion was kinda cool. i enjoyed the "world" of narnia, it was very beleivable, but i wish they had elaorated on it more. in acuallity we saw very little of it. compare that to the lord of the rings. we saw almost all of middle earth. the talking animals were cute, but i thought the children should have acted in a little more.... well just acted more. it was probably their first time with c.g. so i'll let that one go. they weren't bad towards the end and with each other. i just thought their "surpised" expression were dull and monotone. the story was great, but short. and the c.g. was awsome. nothing outstanding, but it didnt suck. it got the job done

all in all; it could have been larger, acting was a tid bit shy of great, and the ice queens hair doo was freaky.

7.8/10

if you like movies in general, go see this one

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
[  Edited by awakendwraith at   ]
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Unfortunatly, I have yet to see the movie. However, just from the gist of the story i feel it will be a rather brief storyline, unless coupled with the prequel "The Magicians Nephew". I am 25years old and still like the story so I hope the movie will live up to the rep.

"What is true power?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I never read the books, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Very entertaining.

quote:
the ice queens hair doo was freaky

Very true.

"How am I not myself?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I saw it in Las Vegas. I was with an old friend. After the movie she said she wanted to remake it and call it 'chornic of Narnia'... lol she is a total pot head... lol just thought i might share that experince. Over all the movie was good but i liked her version better... lol

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
10/10
i luved it wen the queen wore the lion fur at the battle. now that was brilliant.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 34yrs • F •
nightwalker is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i have not read the books, but i have seen the movie and what i have heard about the book, i would have to say that the movie is as good as the book

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy