Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Marijuana,weed,pot,mary-jane...etc - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
drugs are bad, ive seen some pretty bad $#!t. Messed up, so many ppl wastng away on dope, i dont think marajuana is that bad, but i dont rekomend it. honeslty i made an aoth to myself not to do it. Ive been confronted many times with it, ut nah, i preffer to have fun doin other stuff then gettin wasted. Actually i think thats the problem, ppl take drugs for fun or antidepressent when i think there are other ways, safe ways.

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ultima is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Arnt we all on drugs in one form or another. My friend is on anxiety drugs, a co-worker i know is on anti-deprssants... This world tries to mask our emotions buy covering them up with quick fixes. When i smoke weed, i do it occasionally, from once a week to once a month. I do it to kick back, not as my daily pill to function for society. I believe their is a fine line between acceptable and unacceptable. People drink to have fun, but when they drink every day and night, they have a problem. Dependance is scary, and i believe it is the fine line between acceptance.

"take chances, make mistakes, and get messy"
 34yrs • M •
phacops rana is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
concerning the recent marijuana study out of harvard, there is only one and it was published in 2001. that study (which i have read in its entirety) made no conclusions regarding the 'formation of neurological connections'. it did imply that there appeared to be no long-term effects on cognitive response. furthermore, it stated that the drug significantly impaired near-term cognitive and reflexive response for as long as a week after usage. the principle investigator of the harvard team commented, 'You don't want to try landing a 747, driving a bus or car, or taking a test a week after marijuana use even if you feel normal." and the heavier the use the greater the impairment. marijuana is not exactly an innocuous chemical; especially when you consider the high levels of THC present in the drug which has direct links to heart disease, strokes, and cancer (also a conclusion of this harvard study). and the longer you use the drug the greater the risk becomes. you can draw your own conclusions, i am just the messenger.
there are other studies out of harvard, but they are much older.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's bullshit. I've completed projects high before and have gotten higher grades(no pun intended). Harvard's just a bunch of conservative's who expect conservative results. It's biased like all studys and statistics which include other things not just marijunana.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 34yrs • M •
phacops rana is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
personally, i am ambivalent toward this topic. however, harvard while it is a conventional institution of 'higher learning' is in fact considered quite liberal. whether their study on marijuana is bs or not, i don't care. but if the study is 'biased like all studys' then we can summarily dismiss all studies from consideration or it becomes a matter of 'caveat emptor'. your personal anecdote refuting the study's findings may be universal in its application or it may be a bias itself.

40yrs • M •
I was wondering if they had a study to find out how destressed a person is after use. And the positive side effects it has.

36yrs • M •
From my experience there really is no positive effects on mary jane. Most or all that people mention are mythical. It's medicinal benefits are different. For instance an aids victim smokes weed to stimulate hunger. Its also frequently used as a pain reliver. Anyway unless your suffering from illness the only benefit is amusement and maybe some creative thought.

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm a functional pot head. I always have a couple of 'cookies' after work. I don't smoke the stuff any more, hacked up most of my lungs already.

I enjoy being stoned, especially because I've got nothing better to do. I have a piece of 'ginger slice' before going to the gym and it makes a one and a half hour long session fly by.

I've always got at least four different types of baked goods in my pantry so that it doesn't get boring, I'm even becoming quite an avid cook thanks to my wee pass time.

But the most important thing for me, is that I recognise myself as an addict. If I stopped eating my little treats now, there's a high chance of me going psycho, as it is well known that a lot of people who become dependant on mary jane end up suffering mental break downs when they stop taking it regularly.

So for me, it's the life of the constant stonage... but beware, the price I pay is just as steep for anyone who follows this path.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow you gotta post some good recepiets then! i like to smoke me some weed pretty much everyday. sometimes i wake up feeling a little queezy, so i smoke a bowl on the drive to school, which infact ups my paranoia, causing me to drive SAFE AS FUCK. i am a functional person in society, i go to school, get decent grades, work, etc. i buy my weed from a white dude from high school, not some columbian drug lord or terrorist. i know the shit is bad for my lungs, and i kno that my memory aint as sharp as it used to be, but i really enjoy the feeling, and thats why i do it. not to get away from my hurtful feelings or anything like that, so i mean what the hell is wrong with smoking pot if you're doing everything you need to.

on the note of legality, i'm ok with it being illegal now, since here in cali i'll get a ticket for being caught with it instead of a trip to jail (haha too broke for more than an ounce). i guess id rather have it be illegal just cuz i kno some dumbass is going to get stoned and then drive and kill somebody, even though i am very confident in my driving while stoned.

what do you guys feel about driving stoned?

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no matter how confident you are, it still impaires your judgement. thats a fact, no spinning it. you wanna get high, fine. just do it in the safety of your own home.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
I gotta admit driving stoned is less dangerous than people think. Most people who have riden with me stoned say i drive smoother and more cautious. Personally i don't see the difference between the two.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
either your asssociates are high too, or just plain stupid. you probably do appear to focus more, concentrate harder ect. but it doesnt matter how much more effort you put into it, marijuana makes it difficult for a person to judge distances and also reduces a persons reaction time. these are proven facts, no matter how in control a person looks or feels while under the influence.

sure its nothing like being drunk off your ass, but it still has an affect.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
It's definitely a difficult thing for those who have never smoked to understand. It's even harder for those that do it to explain it. But, like my friend says it's like you gain responsibility and it's survival to drive properly. But to prove this scientifically will be more difficult. Well I have and know of approximately 30 some odd people that frequently smoke and drive. So saying they drive about 50% of the time and it's been about a hundred times each. So that's 1500 times we have driven and no one has gotten into an accident or have hit anything. But, for the rare percentage of people that hallucinate off of mary jane this wouldn't be a good idea.

The cops know this too. My friends have been caught smoking in their car. All the police officers said was throw it out the window and go home(I live in Canada). They literally let them drive home.

40yrs • M •
God Bless Canada... cuz

I AM CANADIAN

gotta luv my weed....the best natural high out there...! But.. when dont occasionally.. not chronically... or abused by many.

There is good and bad to everything out there.. its just a matter of which side the coin lands on.

48yrs • M •
bixi is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey I just found a way that you can change the type of high you get simply by adjusting the temperature gauge on your vaporizer, check out this chart I found:

http://www.vapedesigns.com/temperaturechart.html

"Happy hour is all the time"
Marijuana,weed,pot,mary-jane...etc - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy