Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Attolia needs advice

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Attolia needs advice
I want to study abroad for 5 months or so. But I have a 9 year old brother who really needs me as a friend and sister. My other brothers aren't around either to fill that void. Can you give me any questions or guiding points that I should consider when making a decision to study abroad? I'm afraid of risking that relationship and causing him some emotional damage.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the first thing that comes to mind is would you rather him be weak and unscathed, or potientially stronger and potientially hurt.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Consider that you do not know that staying or leaving your brother will make his life better or worse. Consider that we live in an age of communication. Consider whether you truly wish to study abroad or if it's just a nice idea.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's whatever you think deserves priority. This is difficult to answer without more explanation as to why your brother really needs you. But from the evidence given I'd say you should go. You can always go home if your brother really needs you and/or there's an emergency. Personally I think your just afraid and your using this brother thing as a reasonable reason to chicken out. Nothing great ever comes without great risks.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
just make sure hes involved in the process. ask him what he thinks about you leaving. ask him what you could do to make him feel more at ease about it. reassure him that its only temporary and that youll still be his sister no matter where you go. dont let him make the decision for you, but make sure he feels involved in the process.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Agreed Wyote

The fact of leaving him is not what he fears the most. The fact of you leaving him totally is what will piss him off. I think he should be able to call you whenever and wherever but also rember your not his mother nor his father ( I don't know your parental situation) I would try to ween him onto developing a relationship with them. That way he will grow further into adlolesence and teen and finnally adult. You can only teach him as much as you learn but still make yourself accessible because you are family after all

"what if I'm a clone?"
Attolia needs advice
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy