Guys are like stars, there are a million of them out there and only one will make your wish come true. - ashleydepp737
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Bible: Fiction or Non-Fiction - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
arent you a hardcore christain? (just breif impression i remember).. if so then what you just said discounts that you can be sure that a christian god or a god exists..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I never said I believed in that way of thinking. The point was that without faith why do we even have a non-fiction section?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
fiction, as 64.7 % of the bible is infact proven fiction, such as the parables, many of the stories, such as the loaves and fishes were over exagerated. Jesus himself not a proven figure, i would put him between the tooth fairy and santa clause.

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
fiction, as 64.7 % of the bible is infact proven fiction, such as the parables, many of the stories, such as the loaves and fishes were over exagerated. Jesus himself not a proven figure, i would put him between the tooth fairy and santa clause.

You claim these things but show no proof to back anything up.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You claim these things but show no proof to back anything up.

As you perhaps do the oppostite?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Neither. I think it should be in the reference section with the rest of the book old books nobody reads.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 37yrs • M •
quote:
As you perhaps do the oppostite?

Nope Im not claiming anything.
Im not Christian or any other religion for that matter.
Just pointing out that there is no proof.

39yrs • M •
i agree that it ois a loose figure i aquired myself, from various sites i found many statistics and found the mean of all of them

true may not be accurate but it IS DEFINITLEY MORE THEN 50%

cheers

37yrs • M •
quote:
true may not be accurate but it IS DEFINITLEY MORE THEN 50%

I guess I'll have to take you word for it, huh?

39yrs • M •
how has he ever saved any one

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
......or............

quote:
Jesus should be in fiction.. just chek the couple links i posted (theres probably way better ones google it... AND THINIK CRITCALLY.. casue o havent heard good comebacks from christians against the reasons why jesus christ is part of a myth

Not even critics would dare open their mouth and insert foot...yet I could be wrong...many have. LOL

Jesus is indeed prooven, not only are the ancient historical accounts about Him written by both pagans and historical figures, but archeology also prooves much of the times ...

IN fact, archeology is discovering more and more that the 'facts' in all the Gospels can be accurately found.

There is so much proof out there, that the only ones clinging to the strawman theories are the boxed in thinkers.
Closed minded ppl need to open up and let the light shine in.

Hey, Peace anyway!

Take care to research a little more.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
how has he ever saved any one

Its the age thing again, I think.

First of all is that an honest question?

It takes years of studying the ancient times, the language and the Bible to get it all...but here it is in a nutshell.

God made the world.
The 1st 'perfect' couple who had no sins, took sin upon themselves. Freely.
They got kicked out...

They carried sin on them...which passed onto their children.

God grieved the world...destroyed humanity except the few He choose in the line of the coming Messiah He had already Promised. Gen 3;15

Moses wrote it, the prophets spoke on it...that Christ would come, which is God Himself in the flesh... Incarnate is the word...also Emmanuel..which means 'God is with us."

Jesus, being God, is the only One Who could perfect humanity enough to enter heaven again...since God the Father cannot have sin b4 Him.
{*Three distinct persons in One God}

Jesus taught, He lived, He died, and rose again. He stayed and taught His Apostles for forty days and nights, then ascended.

The suffering He took upon Himself He choose to do because with each beating, each whipping He took, He was standing in OUR spot for each sin we can commit and do in fact commit.

He took death obediently unto Himself so He would be the eternal covenant that prooves God loves man, and has given humanity something they could never give themselves..absolute redemptiveness thru repentence.

Because He freely took on death and scourging and horrid punishment, yet innocent of any crimes..and sin, He made it possible for mankind to seek forgiveness and receive it.

Hence we are now capable once more to share eternal life with our Creator .... our God Whom without is punishment.

Torment and hatred is what is left for those who refuse to accept Him.

But we shall be judged accordingly, and Christ Whom died, judges.

IS there any further question?

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 39yrs • M •
patrish your comment proves nothing, as god is only an idolised figure, he may not be even true, im not askig has he hmself helped becuase he or watever is is hasnt, the idea of god, has got humanity nothing, u say god created earth, u don know that, u talk of the first humans, they were a stage of evolution not his work. God has only caused greif and confusion to the human mind.

Timmo

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
...since God the Father cannot have sin b4 Him.

And this is where everything you say means nothing by blatant self contradiction.

God made sin.

And somehow you have it justified in your head that the first two people to exist are qualified to understand, sin, consequence, punishment, when it had never existed. Makes perfect sense, the only innocense to ever exist is guilty of sin and punished... and in turn tainting every living soul thereafter.

Kind of a lot of responsibility and consequence to lay on the worlds first, mistake, bad judgement, missunderstanding, not to mention intentionally decieved and manipulated act of disobediance.

This logic of course makes children the most evil creatures on the planet, funny how parents seem more understanding, good thing the bible is there to set them straight.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
patrish your close minded if you believe in what you said becasue an open minded person (by my definition).. would know that judging a person by an imprsession is ignorant... likewise i cant label you whatever but in a casual sense i will.. cheers!!

"no quote until i copyright it.."
Bible: Fiction or Non-Fiction - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy