The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother. - Jules
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Bible: Fiction or Non-Fiction - Page 3

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes and for sure i want to see read both sides.. caseu like i said what makes me convinced is the book by a historina CHRISTIAN who concluded jesus proba ly did not exist.. (was found in many other religions etc etc the other main points).. he was on the radio.. i wish i wrote dowe his name,.., but ill research and find out.. and also read /hear both siedes.. for my own curiosity... you too reserach

(woops wnated smiley face to appear after 'you too reseacrh'..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
"the chrtians response ... (like patrish)... is to ignore it" said by some famous guy concerning the jesus is myth.. i checked the arguments.. ill chek more but so far it looks like you (patrish) are closed thinker... at least as i would show but probably more close monded cause you didint even read that side your one of them who ignores it you cant handlr it why are you so defensive about it!!???.. becasue you want jesus you cant ecept that hgnoy exitng re.. my desire tmrhgkn

33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that deifiedslacker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we studied the bible in my mythology class last year. it was right betweent the norse mythology and the mesopotamian mythology sections. hehe i thought that was funny.

"I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability."
 40yrs • M •
for real..

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well regardless on how much proof there is about the fact that Jesus roamed the Earth it still doesn't define the fact that he was the son of God. Its quite possible that he was just crazy and really thought he was the son of God. Throw in a few magic tricks here and there and no one's the wiser especially two thousand years ago. Anyone can say their the son of God but there's no real proof linking Jesus and being the son of God other than him saying so or being told in stories. The stories were written a hundred years later after Jesus' death which means that the only way they could have been passed down is through word. People change miss out parts over exaggerate etc. They also worshipped the guy don't you think if they worshipped him they would be a little bias to his actual greatness. All logical sense points towards a hoax.

But that's not to say that he didn't have good teachings. Which brings back the question of where to place it. Because although the stories are most likely not accurate they still represent a good moral background. I guess you could say it's a fable.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that laneor is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think the science can proof or explain all the phenomens happend on the earth! (sorry for the eror!)

58yrs • F •
mjamison is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe the Bible is truth so with that being said of course it should go in non-fiction. The writers of the Bible lived & knew Jesus personally (Most anyway) so to say that the Bible is word of mouth is complete ignorance. To have free will means we each make choices in what we believe, but to think that something as complex as the human brain just happened is extreme & 2000 years later the Bible remains the best sold book ever..

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Kratos is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
jackers got a point, magic tricks and herbal remedies that induce death like states look it up people , besides jesus is considered holy royalty now whos to say that wasn't his goal from the beginning, unless you were there and you witnessed shit go down you have no proof, you have no claim that you are in the right when it comes to spirituality or god, and you sure as hell dont have a right in saying your beliefs lead to salvation while others lead to damnation, besides the writers of the modern day bible didnt know jesus, it was edited after he died, and we all know what the vatican was like in its early days, my point is the bible isnt proof of anything, other than how easily people will accept shit thrown in their face as long as words like holy,god,heaven are used to sugar coat that shit, excuse my vulgarity, extremely hungover at the moment

"In the chills of brutal cold winter, I realised that within me lay an invincible summer"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Kratos is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sorry i dont think i explained my self properly but the bible is a book for the feeble minded, truth most people who read holy books have no inclination towards things like science or math, why because holy books are easy to understand, theres no complex equations to solve, its as easy as the hare vs the tortoise, if the bible was all about math(which our world is based upon) people wouldnt spend two minutes reading it they wouldnt get it and they would give up, again to reiterate my point people believe in the bible because no COMPLEX thinking is required

"In the chills of brutal cold winter, I realised that within me lay an invincible summer"
 48yrs • M •
bixi is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Whatever you believe to be true, is true.

"Happy hour is all the time"
Bible: Fiction or Non-Fiction - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy