Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this was the first movie i saw after going through the book first. you know how it always goes, the book is better than the movie. with the Harry Potter series i think they have done a damn good job though, so far. granted a lot of the side stories are taken out. the movies still manage to capture the general feelings and concepts of the books.

***SPOILERS***

i was a bit disappointed that there wasnt a single house elf in this movie. the house elves are annoying but they do play important roles in the books. also we barely even see Sirius Black. just a single scene. i think he deserved at least one more short one.
also, people jumping into the series would probably be fairly lost.

aside from those complaints, this movie totally rocked. best one thus far. its even more intense than Azkaban, with a lot more attitude and deep emotion. in some ways its a big departure from the previous movies, but the cast pulls you back into the world of Harry Potter very quickly. all of the challenges are put together well, and the duel between Harry and Voldemort is fantastic visually and emotionally.

8.5/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
***SPOILERS***

the 4th was the best of the harry potter series so far.i thought it was great exept for one thing.there could have been more school work involved,to show how much of a challenge the 4th-years went through.it was entirly focused on the tri-wizards tournement,and not enough on anything else.but that is the only thing i saw wrong.the movie was very humorus and i enjoyed it.there were alot of things that you read in the book that only the movie could bring to life
(unless you have a VERY big imagination).if you liked the harry potter series,then this is a must-see movie

8/10

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
[  Edited by Oblivion at   ]
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Did you guys all get to see the Superman teaser with your Harry Potter viewing?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
of course, twas great. too short tho. i had already seen it on my computer anyway

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that laneor is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i found harry potter and the goblet of fire just good not more ! and the scene with "Voldemort " a little bit stupid but...

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy