Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Goals with philosophy

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Goals with philosophy
do we just want positive attention from people.. is that a main motive.. no? other motives

disucss discuss..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to rationalize the irrational.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
rationalize the irrational, lol, true tho. Question the things we don't have answers to and find if others feel the same, it makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside. The funny thing is once we have something basically answered we begin to question something else. So i say its just something to use up time before we die.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this is actually a very good question,because many times it is argued that all that most philosophers ever do is argue about meaningless words, they never seem to reach a fixed conclusion. to many it does not change anything, it leaves things as they are.personally i believe everyone should study philosophy at least to some degree, because the unexamined life is not worth living,imagine carrying out a routine existance without ever stoping to think of the principles on which it is based.furthermore i think philosophy is an invaluable tool to bring understanding to the questions that dont have any answers or just leaves us wondering, so wonder on until you can wonder no more.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Philosophy consists very largely of one philosopher arguing that all others are jackasses. He usually proves it, and I should add that he also usually proves that he is one himself. Nah just kidding because thats not true.

The meaning of philosophy is the love of wisdom. We are curious. Philosophy begins in wonder. And, at the end, when philosophic thought has done its best, the wonder remains. One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. That is a motive.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Philosophy is a beginning of self discovery and human nature. We are all curious to unanswered questions in the same way a puzzle leaves missing pieces.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
philosophy is better incorporated with a variety of techniques and sciences because it gives reasons and logic to your conclusions.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
knowledge is one. the classification of the illusion of knowledge into subjects, philosophy being one, is but human ignorance. an endeavor in ultimate futility. reality is singular knowledge. and that lone understanding is...well i dont know what it is, thats why i spend my time manipulating illusions.

"dont got one"
Goals with philosophy
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy