Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is Love

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is Love
So i found this bulletin on my page on myspace and it caught my eye and got me thinking...

WHAT IS LOVE?

1. Are your palms sweaty, is your heart racing, And your voice caught within your chest?

• It isn't Love, it's Like.

2. You can't keep your eyes or hands off of them, am I right?

• It isn't Love, it's Lust.

3. Are you proud, and eager to show them off?

• It isn't Love, it's Luck.

4. Do you want them because you know they're there?

• It isn't Love, it's Loneliness.

5. Are you there because it's what everyone wants?

• It isn't Love, it's Loyalty.

6. Do you stay for their confessions of Love, because you don't want to hurt them?

• It isn't Love, it's Pity.

7. Are you there because they kissed you, or held your hand?

• It isn't Love, it's being Unconfident.

8. Do you belong to them because their sight makes your heart skip a beat?

• It isn't Love, it's Infatuation.

9. Do you pardon their faults because you care about them?

• It isn't Love, it's Friendship.

10. Do you tell them every day they are the only one you think of?

• It isn't Love, it's a Lie.

11. Are you willing to give all of your favorite things for their sake?

• It isn't Love, it's Charity.

1. Does your heart ache and break when they're sad?

• Then it's Love.

2. Are you attracted to others, but stay with them faithfully without regret?

• Then it's Love.

3. Do you accept their faults because they're a part of who they are?

• Then it's Love.

4. Do you cry for their pain, even when they're strong?

• Then it's Love.

5. Do their eyes see your true heart, and touch your soul so
deeply it hurts?

• Then it's Love.

6. But do you stay because a blinding, incomprehensible mix of pain and elation pulls you close and holds you?

• Then it's Love.

7. Would you give them your heart, your life, your death?

• Then it's Love.

Now, if Love is painful, and tortures us so,
why do we Love?
Why is it all we search for in life?
This pain, this agony?
Why is it all we long for?
This torture, this powerful death of self?
Why?
Because it's...
Love

This has me somewhat confused and at the same time I kinda get what's going on... What do all of you think about this bulletin I found?

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
very interesting. Were thouse you own personal thougts on love or someone elses. IIm sure people would like to hear about yours. Id say that whoever wrote that was accurate, but would really die for them, i mean i would if apstultlly needed but still.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No these are not my own thoughts

Most of these I thought were signs of love but apparently not when I actually think about it like that,,,

Those points that aaaare signs of true love, I haven't fully felt before cause I haven't been with someone to feel those with.. every one I seem to be with is trouble and not good at heart.. soo idk this bulletin I found seem pretty accurate to me.

42yrs • F •
Ladi Hekate is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Would die for them if I absolutely needed to...??? Very survivalistic of you, smart, but just that attitude assure's me that you know nothing about love and have no business giving someone else advice on it. I'd say that the first of your message was pretty accurate. The second part, however, telling you what love is.. ridiculous. If you have time to stop and think about "Is this love?" then it's not. Love happens in moments, and you usually don't know it was there until you have your head buried in your hands weeping night after night because you realize you got drunk and fucked your boyfriend's best friend while he was out of town. Love is a mystery even once you've experienced it for yourself, even greater possibly. No stupid fucking myspace message is going to give you some great insight on it. In the future I wouldn't even read that garbage if I was you, instead get out there and try it, that's the only way you'll really ever learn a thing about it.

"Eternally misunderstood."
 34yrs • M •
If you really loved someone you wouldn't give your life for them? To me that seems like you truely loved someone to make such a sacrifice. And I'm pretty sure that's the attitude of the majority of the population... soo apparently I am not alone knowing nothing about love.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes it seems to differentiate the difference between love and infatuation. People have trouble distinguishing the two apart. Which often after the incident is over makes someone appear foolish.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 42yrs • F •
Ladi Hekate is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Mugen re-read my first two sentences please.

"Eternally misunderstood."
 34yrs • M •
I did, I i still don't know how you think with an attitude like that I know nothing about love... That is love if you ask me..

36yrs • F •
isna23poet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
logically the only two people in this world i would actually die for, are my parents....they sacrifice themselves day by day to give me what i need, i have nothing to give them but my life. Other than that no guy is worth dying for, ONLY God, he's the first one who has died for me...

45yrs • F •
wendy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i like your newsletter it really makes you think. i have been with my boyfriend officially for two weeks but we talked on the phone for 4 weeks before we ever met. i fell in love with him before i ever met him and he fell in live with me before we ever met. so the questions says why do we love? because where would the world be without love? all i know is a world without love is like the ocean without water "its no good" so love is amazing and love at first sight is a great thing

"love is great"
 41yrs • F •
Cristy28 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
no, if you love somebody you want to live for them

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Love is indeed a willingness to die for the other person.

Because, they are no longer seperate from you. In fact, you place their well being above your own.

That is love.

this also means that if by making them dislike and you help them, you would do it any way. becayse their well being is more important. i think.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 47yrs • M •
ullapool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Love is...

...being warm in the blankets when the rain and wind pound the window.

...long straggly walks on sandy beaches in bluesky.

...not having to speak to have a conversation.

...sharing the electricity of thoughts when you're apart.

...Wonderful!

Love each time like it's the first, why deny yourself of possibility?

Jx

"All religion is only there to control free minds and suggest false answers to the unknowable. Release your mind, accept death and enjoy working with each other towards the creation of a true and attainable paradise on earth."
 36yrs • M •
darkangelwolf is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think love is just a level of happiness we reach when we are with someone, its not a single emotion on its own but a mass of emotions colliding together, giving us that feeling nervousness when we are around someone, that strong feeling of feeling in place when u are cuddled up in that persons arms, love is just happiness that is at such a high level that we think we are in love but yet we are just really really shitin happy to be with that person

"life is like bull riding, we can get bucked off, but we get right back on and do it over and over"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
True love is when one endures the pain of the present, keeps it and gives all they can so that the future may become better. The feeling of love that occurs that most of us feel with another human is the aim that those who endure the 'truth' wish everyone to have. I realise that some won't understand this, but suffice to say love exists.

""No words""
What is Love
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy