It was the best of times it was the worst of times, it was the time of happiness it was the time of sadness. - Samwell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Islam: oppression and hatred?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I recently listened to a talk on Islam which talked about the faith in general and not just the current terror threat from extremists. I found a lot of the talk quite worrying, their way of thinking so far different from ours and so rigidly set. The speaker said that a lot of muslims believe the terror threat to be in retaliation to the threat from the west. most westerners would give a blank look and "WTF?", but apparently the islamic faith feels that western television programs and education system is threating their faith. the television programs as the show people of lacking morals often as the hero of the tale. the more worrying thing is their dislike of our education system, apparently their hatred of it stems from the western tendancy to encourage our youth to find things out for themselves, islam is totally against this encouragement of individual thought, both in their theology, and in their schooling, they feel that children should be given the information and required to learn it as god given truth. They also tar christianity with this brush, as they believe that because their country is muslim and everything done by their country is done in the name of islam, so everything done in the "christian" west is done in the name of christianity, which any western citizen could tell you is complete crap. the source of their hatred for the jews however is almost comical. the Qur'an contains parts of the old testament, however the jews chatised mohammed over this due to the fact he got parts of it wrong, thus started a long running antisemitism among the muslims.

The way muslim society is organised, seems to be lagging behind the rest of the world. their system of sharia law is reminiscent of the western system during the medieval era, with the church and the state sharing power between them. though the western world then went on to realise that this was a bad way to run a country, and secular government was born. a theocracy (religious government) is a mistake, especially in any society with ethnic diversity, as one religion will never fully accept another, as they all believe that the other is basically wrong. the muslim world, however still embraces this system, and has suffered for it. i must say here that i was disgusted, if unsuprised to find that the islamic word for "heresy" means "progression".

These facts worried me a lot, specially as it is so succesful at turning out fanatics willing to take their own lives in order to kill those who the believe oppose them. what do you think, i would especially like to hear the views of someone who is a muslim.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm, I can't believe how different certain humans can be sometimes. Some people are just absolutely insane.
Some people won't even let you talk. They will supress you and make you listen and conform to what they believe and you have no say in what you believe. The absolute closed minded essence of all this is just completely apalling to me and I hope that they will all come to their senses. It isnt just the muslim mind set it is everywhere. All over the world and people will always be like this. Because the Muslims seem to be closed minded it is almost impossible to even reason without being killed for not believing in what you think is real.
Of course I cannot sterotype the whole religion and people for that matter in this way. Just like I can't say that christians are closed minded and force their views on other. I know some do because I have met some but not all do. It seems though that muslims are far more extreme and narrowminded.
From what I have seen atleast.
ps- I am not either of these religions nor am I anything. I am just me.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
staunch christians find the western way of life just as threatening to their religion. which is why they often shelter their children so greatly.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cynic-Al,

Everything you just said can be said about Christians, especially fervent, evangelical, radical, fundamentalist, and or extremist Christians, or any religion or government that takes its followed written word as fact or infallible.

Christians and Jews get along worse in the context aforementioned because Jews don't believe Jesus was God incarnate, merely a prophet. Which goes against everything Christians force themselves and as many people around them as possible to believe.

Outdated? Any 2000 plus year old book of fables and myths treated as undeniable fact, regardless of having been recycled from even older pagan stories and mythology, is going to be outdated, not just muslims'.

I'm not sure where you get western school systems incouraging free thought. Everything is censored and text books are preached as fact, regardless of whether it is true or not, and the bias towards, for example, American history in the downplaying of the atrocities wrought by the new Americans would be laughable if it wasn't so damaging to people's ability to think freely and understand the difference between bullshit and reality, propaganda and fact.

Westerners are just as barbaric, but far more clueless about it. America has been been a leader of bloodshed at home and abroad for many decades now, just because we allow our government to hide things and lie to us doesn't mean we didn't incinerate millions of innocent and combative Vietnamese, Japanese, Iraqis, Latin Americans etc. etc.

And the history of Christianity is just as bloody and full of lies secrecy and destruction of fact over fiction.

You're quite right in parts of your assessment, just not the part about western civilization.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's difficult to see the otherside of the coin when its upside down.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Very wise ^

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
It's difficult to see the other side of the coin when its upside down.
Hard to see anything when weight of the coin is bearing down on you. But it is interesting to hear others comment extended to secular thinking as much as religious beliefs. Even so-called democracies should be taken with a grain of salt; Buyer beware, they will tell you what you want to hear just to sell their bull sh*t

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Islam means oppression.

It isnt that they care about our freedoms, but that we will not have world peace, until we are converted.

Muslims hide as the Quran teaches and ambushes and beheads ppl.

Christians had courts to hear a trial...Muslims believe they are the courts.

Ever read about Muhammad?
He was totally schitzo, and so is the Quran.

Act peacefully.......... wield the sword.

Anyway, the time he spent in Medina conflicts totally with the time he spent in Mecca.

When he stood alone he taught the Jews that he wanted Peace, when he gathered a following, he taught the Jews he wanted their heads.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
Christians had courts to hear a trial...Muslims believe they are the courts.
sounds like the flamin bush to me? http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=48859-u-frmid=17 I thought De went a little overboard with it . . .
then someone comes along & shows you, their ignorance of the facts?

78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus Christ is God. There is no Jesus Christ in Islam. No forgiveness and no salvation.

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
Jesus Christ is God. There is no Jesus Christ in Islam.
Jesus is Christ, GOD is Abba & Islam like Judaism recognized Jesus as a prophet of GOD.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy