Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Time Paradoxes disproved

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time Paradoxes disproved
Well ive managed to finish debunking time theroys. My friend still belives that they are true and that they can't be debunked. we were arguing about this for about a few minutes, using WW2 as an example. I told him that if you go back in time and stop WW2 that you could stop it . but he said i woulndt becouse id just negate myself doing it by going back in time you stop it, but then you have to in the present go back and stop it again, or else it did happen therfore it happened. SO the thing is when u go back and stop it you don't reset time and end back up in the present. You are in the past from the futures aspect but considering the future hasn't happened yet ur in the present. So according to all those theorys out there after going back ud have to make sure ur future self would do it but considering there is not future self right now since ur in the present. Ok if im confusing you just post saying so and ill deal with it. anyway, so you live to what was considered the present when u left. so since WW2 never happened u don't have to go back and stop it unlike the theroys saying that ud have to go back and stop it. *NOTE TIME DOES NOT RESET TO WHERE U WERE BEFORE U LEFT. that is the key point. due to this you don't have to go back again, and time will not be all funky and make WW2 happen. if ur still confused ill try to better on my next post explaing my proof.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
True, Eliasan, but here's another little time thingy. This thoery is based on the assumption that it is possible for us to bend the time contunum to our will, (Time Travel is possible.) My thing is, it most likely isn't, since if in the future we had the option of going to the past, that'd mean there would most likely be some unexplainable things (I.E "Time Tourists) that occur around big dates, I.E D-Day, Hiroshima, 9/11. I don't see that as feastable. Also, the sheer danger of screwing with the continum is insurmountable. Say you stop WWII. Say your American Granddaddy met your French Grandmummy in Normandy on D-Day. If that never happened, you've just cut the family tree and you've never been born, therefore you never got the chance to screw up the contunum, and the temporal loop begins again.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 36yrs • M •
ahh but the thing is just that rember that just becouse you were never born doesn't change a thing, you were there to stop it, but time doesn't reset, just becoues ur no longer going to be born doesn't mean that this affects the timeline. since you have stoped it the timeline keeps moving on from there. Since it was already stoped it doens't matter wheter ur "future" self is alive or not becouse you have already stoped it so time just goes on.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The only way time travel can be possible, is that either life is pre determined or there existan ininite number of dimensions with all the possibilities that can be possible.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M •
yeah im all for the infinte number of dementions/universes.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"The only way time travel can be possible, is that either life is pre determined or there existan ininite number of dimensions with all the possibilities that can be possible."

well, what if time travel was possible with out those two exapctions. what would happen? things would change. a lot of things. like say i killed hitler. he would have died and history would have been instantly either re-written, or i would fea into nothing and cease to be. say life is pre determined. the only that this professes as evidence of time travel is that you will travel time, and nothing will happen. the reason why this is excepted as a methodis because there is no way of disproving it. but that does not make it a good one. if our lives are predetermind, then that means someone did it for us, or something, and time travel would have no porpose, as such it would be non-existent. the infinite number of dementions is on the other hand a good theory, but i highly, HIGHLY doubt that those are the only two ways. why not back to the future?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
each different universe has a different global frequency... i've actually pondered the infinite universe for quite some time now.... i've even made up little rules just for fun =)

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
your theory sounds like that of a video game
-The Lagecy of Kain- play all 5
video games teach so much. i understood that at 14 because of video games.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if you want some interesting stuff, read two books by terry pratchet, "Thief of Time" and "Night Watch". they are two of his discworld novels, that have some interesting stuff on the time continium. they are satirical though and do poke fun at some bits of the common thories.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gmunk is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My view on the subject is similar the starting post but a bit different. Consider that each person can change his destiny and the those around him/herself. If i can change my future why could my past self if thus told to change his in turn and innevitably changing mine the the long run. If we all hold this common ability of change why couldn't it happen the in the past, as it seemingly occurs now.

"Simplistically made, my mind wanders, Dwelling on thoughts and blunders."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xaej is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Alright, let me do this now.

I go back into time before WWII (as per the example). I kill the leader of Japan (sorry, don't know the name). Then Japan doesn't attack Honolulu. America doesn't get involved in WWII. Hitler rules Europe. This alone proves that time doesn't loop as has been thought of before, because then, take this into account:
You are now in the time where WWII would have happened, it didn't. You go back to your time. It is going to drastically different. Therefore, the time period of WWII will not be in the history books in your time so will not have that to go back to to fix. Therefore, your intentity has now lived 2 different lifelines in one. The absolute only way that I can think of for this to be possible is through the multiple dimension theory. It has its flaws, but none so major as 1 thing living 2 lifes during 1.

- Xaej

"I'm just a normal boy, that sank when I went overboard"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1. In the case of the time loop one of two things could happen. You all got it right about the infinite demensions part. If you did go back in time and changed things going back to your time would do nothing, this is demonstrated in DragonBall Z.
The part I believe you missed however is a stabalization of the loop til it cancels out. You would near infinitely loop until time changed where you would need to go back however It would seem only to be part of the time line, IE ww2 was your fault.

2. The future is not "pre determined" as you put it, atleast not by any consciousness. However much like the past the future is set in stone, only difference is we do not have memories of the future.

3. I'd like to look into the idea itself of time travel. It seems that because you believe you can move backwards and forwards through space you also think you can do so with time, however all things are one, this does not disclude TIME SPACE as scientists more accurately refer to it as. You can't move in space without also moving in time and therefore time travel is a crock of shit.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yet if we had a powerful enough telescope, we can peer into a far away galaxy, through all the dust and gas, to a star, to its planets, thru its atmostphere to an advanced being of some sort eating an apple, since it takes light so long to travel through space, we would be seeing him eating an apple millions of years ago, that in itself is like time travel, but just seeing it. which makes it seem as if time is totally relative, and something happening now on earth still seem like present to someone far away.

time travel is impossible for the reason that we cannot move fast enough to be able to bend space time into somehow turning it around into reverse. unless we found some kind of amazing fuel that was extremely light. they say every pound of space craft, going the speed of light alone, would need A LOT OF FUCKIN FUEL, and thats just the speed of light, not fast enough to bend time.

"down to smoke a bowl?"
Time Paradoxes disproved
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy