Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dressing for your age?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dressing for your age?
Can old people dress as they want? Why or why not? I was shocked to see an old woman dressing like a young woman then wondered why I felt that way. Opinions?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that alot of the people that "Dress young" most dress to be attractive. When old gross people try to dress attractive people want to die when looking at them. Of course this does not apply to certain decent looking old people.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Older people just want to feel young. Some however should be stooped, I mean who wants to see a 70 year old man with his hat turned sideways?

"What is true power?"
 36yrs • F •
Why though? What's wrong if he has his hat turned sideways?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The only objection I had to an older person's attire was an old (probably 60-70years old) woman dressed like a 15 year old gone prostitute. This bothers me not because she was old but because no one should ever dress like that.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 44yrs • M •
Becuase i generally think the look is ridiculous to begin with with, and an older man should have more sense then these younger boys apparantly do.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think Attolia is trying to ask, why are there certain social constraints, in particular for older people who may act/dress differently or like younger generations. Many people are ageist, who discriminate people based on age, especially prejudice against the elderly. For me, I have no problem with older people dressing the same, I think its great. There shouldn't be a constraint(s).

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok but who wants to see an old wrinkly woman wearing a mini skirt and low cut top? It's not so much that they should dress their age it's more simply disgusting. I try not to be superficial but they make it hard.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Ok but who wants to see an old wrinkly woman wearing a mini skirt and low cut top?

A lot of younger people don't even look good dressed as such.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 44yrs • M •
Summit,

You make a valid point, however many of the older people in this country wish us to treat them with respect. They wish us to treat them as wise. This cannot be done if they emmulate the younger generation.

"What is true power?"
 36yrs • F •
Ok, so appearances are then a form of gaining respect? If a pedophile dresses like a clean-cut guy, do we respect him?

And I don't think "ugliness" should deter you from dressing how you want to.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think you felt that way for a very simple reason. you are not used to it. thats all.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You make a valid point, however many of the older people in this country wish us to treat them with respect. They wish us to treat them as wise. This cannot be done if they emmulate the younger generation

Why can't one respect older generations because of what they wear? Regardless of image, 'True' respect is more than about fashion, or at least it should be.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We certainly do not loose our rights and freedoms as we age. Ya - old people can wear whatever they like. They don't need permission from mom or dad, they are mom and dad. If we really did respect old people, we would be wearing what they are wearing. We have a rebelous nature and our disrespect is only a product of that.

As we reap so shall we so, we all get our turn, someday you will be old, if you live that long.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
people should dress however they feel comfortable,if an older person wants to wear a younger fashion what does it matter??? young girls dress way older than they are is that ok?? and what is dressing young anyway?? is it wearing clothes that make you look like a hooker? is it going with the fashon mag trends? is it trying to be creative or different? what is the defanition.....and,by the way , most of the "young" fashons were created by "older" people.
about respect and the elderly, I think it's a horrible shame that know nothing young people think they are smarter or more enlightened than someone twenty years their senior. thats rediculous....and the elderly, people who have lived for sixty or more years have been through and seen things you cant even imagine......i think that people today should grow up, recognise that you dont know everything and learn to respect other people regardless of the clothing they choose to wear, or their age.

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
Dressing for your age?
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy