They say that these are not the best of times but they're the only times I've ever known - countalucard
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dressing for your age? - Page 5

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Old people just think they can still party. Just look at how rediculous Madona looks.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Old people still party.
quote:
Old people just think they can still party.
just we aren't as hardy with our party.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay-we're talking about fashion here so I'll tell the score.

If a fat persons wearing a thong-I'll laugh. If a fit person is wearing a thong, I'll take note. Accept what u got and flaunt it the right things off in the right way.

""No words""
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes I can go along with it, heyjme. I think the statement is being made about individual's dress code: (especially older people) tend to 'dress for their comfort' or to try ' fit into a younger crowd' look? At any age, we deal with peer pressure, 1-way/ other. Eccentric => noncomformity but doesn't doesn't particularly hold true for the reverse?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 60yrs • F •
milfy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
But good point on the older crowd still living like the young ones. I suppose the reason "us" young ones are surprised to hear this is because we have been taught that as you get older, you don't see the need to dress to impress and party because you have settled down and your crazy hormones have also cooled down. Which is true in some sense.

LOL. How would you know? Seriously though, actually my hormones have gotten crazier. I'm hornier than I've even been in my life and I do like to party, takes me longer to recover is all. I suppose some people do mellow out when they get older, sometimes by necessity. If you have kids you have to shift into parental mode, hard to do if you're throwing back shots at the local dive every night. Some 'older' folk never do settle down. I've got a crazy Uncle Tommy who is 60 something, still gets high and parties. Generally people's core personalities do not change much over time. If you know some old curmudgeon, I'll bet money that person was a young curmudgeon. The point is older people are individuals just like younger people. It's odd how the older you get society stops seeing you as just a person and you become an age. I'm a woman who happens to be 42 but society is telling me no you're a 42 year old and based on that you should be doing this and you should be looking like this and dressing like this. That's a bunch of crap. I'm 42!!!! Hello, grown a** woman, here. I'm doing what the f*ck I want.

"“Life's short. Wear what you want, or don't wear anything at all. It's your decision.” –Takemeseriously"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can respect that so long as you do. And I mean really do-not just this claptrap that people use to be 'eccentric' when really its a lame-ass excuse for self insecurity. Beyond respect...If you look good, then I'll like you, if you look stupid; I'll laugh.

""No words""
 69yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that willowwater is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personally, I think a person should dress however they want to, if they look stupid, they know they look stupid, and they are still happy, I say leave them to it. I don't understand why people have such strong opinions about how others choose to dress, as long as they've covered their modesty, it shouldn't affect anyone else.

42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmmm i hate the what's In and whats Out... i dress like an english school boy for all i know. I love the costume idea. hmmm people should be attentive to what they are putting on their skin. It cannot be just anything or whatever the common market states. It should be more of an amalgam. The simplest thing you have control on is what you wear and people should enjoy that and if some old women is dressing up like a teen ager...well...too bad that she doesn't have her own sense of feminity after all this time.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
Dressing for your age? - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy