Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Pro-Bush thread - Page 2

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
your reply lacks evidence that you don't watch CNN. how do i you don't have it saved in your favorites. how do i know you just got that reply that you just sent from political cartoonist man bill mitchell. OR is it that you get your infor. from watching comedy central either one it's a commical issue. you weren't even old enough to vote when president bush hit the seen. If you're waiting to over turn that devil he's already on his way out. GO BUSH. pardon libby and pray for rove

"what if I'm a clone?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
CNN = liberal, anti-Bush. All the other stations on TV = more information from which one can base a well informed decision/opinion.

More information? Or a more palatable opinion?

Does one have to be liberal to believe anything negative reported about Bush? As a, whatever it is you would label yourself as, do you feel your, I'm guessing, "non-liberal" opinions and point of views are less slanted and biased than those of whom you sweepingly deem liberal?

Do you feel your sources of information to be more "fair and balanced", or are you by chance just spewing the other side of the same pro/anti propaganda coin?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tanker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, spiderman, there are more than just the one channel on TV...but his really isn't the debate. I, as I said a few posts ago, could care less what anyone watches on TV. The debate lies in that those who oppose the views, decisions, and political movements of Bush or those like Mr. Bush tend to be liberals. It's not a "bad" label, it's merely a way to categorize ones beliefs.

That being said, I oppose much of what Bush does economically, and socially. I approve of him having a back bone when it comes to War or conflict that involves our military. There you know my positions on things.

It appears that slanting and bias are practiced on both sides, but...it takes merely an investigative mind to seek out information on both sides. I have done this on many issues, both foreign and domestic. I am baffled that the youngsters on this site babble on about issues they know nothing about. They merely respeak the one sidedness they hear in the mainstream media. Because thats what they see as "cool" or the "right way to think". It's cool to be like their parents were during the 60's and 70's. Let's all go protest "the man".

Can you show me one commentary or news story that CNN has run, past or present, that is favorable to President Bush?
Other than him meeting with some charity group or something.
And those stories even get skewed to him trying for a photo op or some such crap...when a Democrat meets with charities, etc...they are compassionate, but Republicans, or the right wing is always looking for "good" publicity...like they aren't capable of compassion.

"Wars are not won by dying for your country, they a"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have no respect for these brave tough people full of backbone who have or never will fight in a war, yet claim to mightely support.

Bush is on the top of this list, I say - give the man a gun, send him to Iraq - he can fight his own damn war, you'll soon see he has no backbone at all when he shits his pants.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 46yrs • M
quote:
it takes merely an investigative mind to seek out information on both sides.

One might think, but unless you or anyone you have contact with is able to secure currently classified information, especially in regards to the war, or actual back room negotiations and true intentions first hand on any subject, then I hardly think seeking the reality of such situations is a simple as you suggest.

So you disagree openly on at least economic issues, but support him anyway, but you agree with him on the war, that or are impressed by what you consider a display of backbone.

Would you be willing to share why you agree with the war? Especially in reference to what you feel you know about its circumstances and why you feel it legitimate.

But the follow up to that is, regardless of opinion, how secure are you in the notion that what you know is accurate or honestly reported, by the reporters or sources?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Podslapper is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Bush gets waaay too much flak in my opinion, but trying to compare his shit to Clinton's shit... Yeah, Clinton got a blow job. Big deal. Bush foolishly got us into a war without having a real plan or an exit strategy... and based on bullshit information about Iraq having a nuclear weapons program, when Osama was still running free. Screw Bush. He had the entire country behind him after 9/11, and instead of being a good leader he used this power to do something completely irrational.

"Hello, hello, hello"
 64yrs • M •
It is possible that we put to much blame on Bush. It is possible that the real bad guy is Cheney and Bush just simply works for him, or someone or someother organization we do not see or hear but is represented by Bush.

But never-the-less, if Bush was a good guy he would resign, so impeach him anyways.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, that is certainly one good reason not to impeach Bush, we can wait till after his term is over then take him to court!

Well, that is certainly one good reason not to impeach Bush, we can wait till after his term is over then take him to court!
And Cheney as a co-conspirator.
quote:
Because that's what they see as "cool" or the "right way to think". It's cool to be like their parents were during the 60's and 70's. Let's all go protest "the man".

Well I wasn't protesting the Viet Nam, I was in it. Joined at 17 after my junior year at high school. When I got back I learned of our actions in Iran. Like the old saying about fighting, 'hit me once shame on you, hit me twice shame on me'
Deceive me once shame on you, deceive me twice sham on me for taking you at your word. So some youths aren't as gullible as we were [are]?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
It has only been a year - The world is suppossed to end in 2012 but Bush is going to prove em wrong and end it by 2008 so nobody else can be elected.

If he can't be president, nobody can

76yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kathaksung is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was blocked to post in "anti Bush thread". Don't know why. Anyone can tell me?

So I have to post here.

368. Pirates the Constitution right (1/2/06)

Bush defended his domestic eavesdropping program was "targeted known Al-Qaida members or associates and involved intercepts of only a few numbers in the US." This is a quibble.

1. If it was about Al Qaida, why bypassed FISA? FISA warrant is easy to get.
And there is reason to believe Al Qaida was under surveillance already. What is the work for CIA? How do they spend the huge budget on intelligence? Consider Al Qaida is illegal in every country and was in escape in caves. (what government said)

2. Who gave Bush the right to ride over the Constitution? Secret eavesdropping means unreasonable search and seizure which is against 4th Amendment. When the administration authorize themselves the right to search and arrest, then what's the difference from a totalitarian? Bush will be the similar figure like Saddam.

3. Bush is a villain who used to extort people by "terrorist". He had intimidated US into an unjust war by "WMD", "imminent danger". He now blackmails Americans by "saving their lives". Step by step, he rips off the civil right from American people and turns US into a totalitarian country.

4. Beware of another "terror attack" activated by Bush's group to justify his illegal action.

64yrs • M •
quote:
I was blocked to post in "anti Bush thread". Don't know why. Anyone can tell me?

Goofy things happen when the white house is poking around in our computers. I checked, I posted in the wrong threads - Ooops

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Darn it, to quick to delete email . . . so I can't quote the sourse but I got this email telling how someQuakers in Fla[?] were being spied upon as radical subversives because of their anti-war moment: they were planning to stage a peaceful anti-war protest & had several meeting to discuss it > wow how anti american can one get?
quote:
Goofy things happen when the white house is poking around in our computers. I checked, I posted in the wrong threads - Ooops
Ya I found the same thing but I am not so quick to point the finger, many have control issues & sometimes you may not realize with whom you are dealing.
Fond double sets of pages to exist or at least very similar?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •

46yrs • M
Maybe Bush IS trying to help...

46yrs • M
Karl Rove.

Pro-Bush thread - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy