Only when the human race stops growing in numbers, and starts growing in character, will it have taken a true step toward genuine happiness. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The fraud of Christianity - Page 5

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i do not believe that christianity is a fraud. the bible says...

So you believe in the truth of Christianity because the Bible says so.

So what makes you think the Bible is not a fraud?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
idiots

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
the bible says that one day every knee will bow and every tounge will confess so you beileve what you want to but when judgement day comes its the pepole who dont believe that will have to awnser to god

I'm currently having a discussion with someone on that in theology on the web.

Someone who believes that Jesus will return and make it on earth as it is in heaven.

I hope he is right and he can make me believe it too. Right now, I don't know - I just know that mother earth and its inhabitants are in big trouble and if Jesus doesn't come we may not survive.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What's so wrong with not surviving? Sure some people might scream and cry when the die but hey that's life.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 33yrs • M •
Fallenchainsfan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
the reason i beileve in christianity is not only because the bible says so but im a penecostal and we believe that speaking in other tounges is proof that god exist. not only that but when i go somewhere with the church i am able to feel gods presence

"if jesus died for you why cant you live for him"
 64yrs • M •
I belonged to a penticostal church when I was younger then you "The First United Penticostal Church" and I will vouch that for some (not all) the experience in genuine.

I could not speak in tongues. Every night I would go to the alter until one night I faked it, and I felt very guilty about it. When I told them about it they said I was being tempted by Saten.

However while I served in the Navy The protestant layleader who was baptist claimed that he prayed in tongues. He was a very good man and helped me out a great deal. I asked why he continued to be Baptist (who do not believe in tongues) he said because he was Baptist.

Anyways - the bible teaches that the experience is not for everyone, we all have different gifts, but I do believe in it. I've heard prophesy and seen prophesy come true. I believe in it. BUT its not the whole experience, its just one small part.

Religion is huge - if you wish to continue in your penticostel church, you have my blessing - but don't make the mistake of believing that you're it and there isn't anymore.

I don't think any church has all the answers and they are all mistaken on certain things causing them to seperate themselves from other religions. But as I have said elsewhere, our little minds can't possibly comprehend God, it is concievable that in our understanding of God we will error, however God is merciful, and we should be also.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what is this conversation going to get you? im just curious what your goal is

46yrs • M
quote:
the reason i beileve in christianity is not only because the bible says so but im a penecostal and we believe that speaking in other tounges is proof that god exist.

How many people that claim to speak in tounges know what they are saying, or have have their speach authentically translated to any coherent language?

Again, one unproven, unsubstantial, or unknown variable cannot be used to explain another unknown variable.

Face it, you believe what you believe because first, you were told to, second, you felt something, third, you took what you felt and labled it what you were told to label it.

You did feel something, the problem is what conclusions people are coming to about those feelings and what meanings they are attaching to them.

You can make claims of euphoria or tounges (incorherent babbling) to a religious group and they can decide you devinely touched, or a tool of satan to be put to death. Yet it can be the same thing they feel.

There is no denial of the powerful emotions that can come from religion, but these feelings are neither unique nor do they require any religion.

The power of suggestion and influence is a topic so important and yet so underrated, if not avoided, or even blocked out.

What exactly do any of you tell yourself that you believe in?

How many of you know why? Not only why you "believe" in it, but why you bother telling yourself and others that you do?

And by the way, it takes some balls to tell of faking tounges, more than it does to be a good sheep and say you agree and believe others are actually speaking otherworldly languages, because they say so.

But so you know, as long as you were making the sounds (and especially if you felt any strong emotions), you were indeed speaking in tounges. You know how I know?

Because I said so...

And becuase no one can prove me wrong or them right.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
what is this conversation going to get you? I'm just curious what your goal is

Why do you ask?

And Leftwood, you are right about feelings, even the bible warns us about feelings. How many untold stories of the man or woman who fallen in love and gotten burned.

I will trust my feelings only when I have nothing else to trust and then I will be cautious. But I will listen to my feelings when I feel fear or anxiety, a lot of times those feelings are right, but not always, so have to be careful.

I don't believe in God because of my feelings, but my belief in God creates feelings, and those feelings can be comforting.

I believe in God because I look at creation and can't help believe that there is genius behind this creation, and I call it God. I don't know how to see it anyother way. Look at a leaf, a butterfly or a flower, the birds and the insects. Who or what did this. To believe that this all happened by accidence is completely ridicules. I just need to look out my back door and I know there is a God.

However I did have a dream once (that to is one of the gifts) that told me that we were created by the false god. I don't know what that is but it makes sense. We are the most sinister, most destructive, to ourselves and the earth and not at all in harmony with our ecosystem that indeed, we were not created like everything else was - maybe we did come from apes, I don't know.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You must begin to understand that the beautiful world of which you believe was created by your God is in thought just as beautiful as the creater should be. And so I ask who created him? Think about it enough and you realize that you lack the concept of infinity within your beliefs. If god and be so great without having a creator so can this world.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
How many people that claim to speak in tounges know what they are saying, or have have their speach authentically translated to any coherent language?

quote:
You can make claims of euphoria or tounges (incorherent babbling) to a religious group and they can decide you devinely touched, or a tool of satan to be put to death. Yet it can be the same thing they feel.

You fail to understand the meaning of speaking in tongues. It does not apply unless at least one person can actually translate it. This random babble of words in in no way Biblical.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 46yrs • M
quote:
It does not apply unless at least one person can actually translate it.

Like I asked, thanks for helping make my point.

34yrs • M •
Wisconsinboy16 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hello

""General Lee you've never let us down" Dukes of Hazzard"
 33yrs • M •
Fallenchainsfan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
for one speaking in tounges is not meant for other man to understand. when you talk in tounges you are speaking to god.
for two no one knows for sure how god was created but
no one knows for sure of how humans were created.

"if jesus died for you why cant you live for him"
 46yrs • M
quote:
for two no one knows for sure how god was created but
no one knows for sure of how humans were created.

And so for three, you have no idea of the validity of your own religious claims but insist on claiming them anyway.

quote:
for one speaking in tounges is not meant for other man to understand. when you talk in tounges you are speaking to god.

Or perhaps just trying to convince yourself and others of that and are actually just making noises.

You know, people who can't be honest with themselves or others don't go to heaven.

The fraud of Christianity - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy