Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The fraud of Christianity - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i find it hard to invest faith in anything that enforces rank. It exemplifies the need to feel superior.
The pursuit of our own advancemen we lose sight of what our duty was in the first place.
politics, religion, corporate america, etc.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree to some extent but my definition would differ a bit.
faith : emotional investment

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Faith is belief, which is the fullest extent our imaginations can achieve. Faith is important. Not just faith in god, but in other things, like faith your car will start lol.

In order to achieve any sense of fullfillment in anything, you must have at least some degree of faith.

"What is true power?"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I admitted that Catholicism has its huge faults, Azhrei, but no where in the Cathechism does it say that you can only go to heaven if you confess your sins to a priest. Yes, the Protestant movement started when the Catholic Church became extremely corrupt. Yes, the Catholic Church is still corrupt, but the Protestants have all become corrupt as well, so the playing field is now equal, and at least Catholics don't sell shitty tshirts to Jesus Freak kids. Commercializing something as sacred as a religion, no matter which one, is utterly disgusting. You can accuse Catholics of a lot but, hey, at least we didn't make "Worship Jamz".
I still love Christianity even if I'm an atheist. Just because I don't believe in God doesn't mean I don't believe in Christian values of mercy and love to one another.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I still love Christianity even if I'm an atheist. Just because I don't believe in God doesn't mean I don't believe in Christian values of mercy and love to one another.

I've never understood how someone can say they do not believe in the existence of God and then say that they believe in His teachings...

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its because the message is right. but we think that the messenger is someone besides god. like people. good smart people. or evil bastards that want to keep society in check. but still, the message is good.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You attack evangelists and include all those who believe in God.

I'm not an evangilist and I'm not a Christian - I have my own religion I discovered all on my own, I have no chuirch or social group.

I very much believe in God and cannot understand anyone who doesn't.

If you don't believe in God, then tell me, how did you get here?

I bet you think you can tell me, but I ask, who told your lungs that your blood needed oxygen, or your heart your arms need blood, this brain of yours that is smart enough to build a ship and land it on mars, where did that come from?

Oh ya - there was an explosion and it all happened by accident - Do you really believe that? Do you really think that's smart?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
If you think that man evolved from nothingness then where would it come up with ideas of being good to others in any sort of religious concept?

The reason we have morals is because of God and other other religions adapt those ideals into their own version.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
just because i cant answer that doesnt make the given answer right. tell me people, whats wrong with not knowing.

Good Answer

39yrs • M •
So you're ok with the possibility that it is God given?

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes. i just dont think that that is the case. i dont not beleive in god because i choose to. i just dont. but you wouldnt understand that because you, regretfully, are christian.
to be christian is to fold the hand that has been given before looking at the cards. you except that you are infirior before you have seen any evidence.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
You do not believe in God because your mind tells you that it is weakness to believe in Him. But if you let go of that weakness you would find great strength. God is there if you look for Him.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would say that it is a greater weakness to believe in an entity that is taken on faith than it is to accept that it is ok to not know why things happen or came about.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 39yrs • M •
So you choose not to believe in God

39yrs • M •
quote:
I would say that it is a greater weakness to believe in an entity that is taken on faith than it is to accept that it is ok to not know why things happen or came about.

Greater weakness to accept certainty than to embrace uncertainty

The fraud of Christianity - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy