Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The fraud of Christianity - Page 3

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some people believe and some people don't, the bible teaches this.

i do not understand those who do not believe and equally those who do not believe can't understand how I can.

I'll tell you a funny story - and its true.

Aboard ship there was this guy who did not believe in God yet he was probebly more moral than all of us. I seen him get drunk once and that made him sick.

We were in the North Atlantic once winter in rough seas, running out of fuel and our super structure had cracked. We had a chaplain aboard who said prayer at taps over the 1MC before lights out. Everyone got on their knees, even the man who said he didn't believe. We teased him about it afterwords. He maintained that he still did not believe in God but explained "just incase".

You take that and do what you want with it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the thing about God is everyone claims to believe in a different one or none at all, except to me, everyone believes in my God. you cannot argue that.
My God IS LIFE, my God IS NATURE, two things that noone can say do not exist. and the two things we can not live without.
people might not like life, or not care to take care of nature, but they can never give me a provable explanation on why it is not there.
There is no point in arguing about what you believe the Lord is, we al believe in someting, even if your an "atheist". God knew there would be division amongst men and amongst society so why would God be something that cannot be proven. I think people are foolish when they refer to God as a superior being, he is simply the reason we are here.
which makes him a superior being, which does not mean physical.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think God wanted to make it easy. Something as great as eternal happiness shouldn't be handed out like flyers. Great things come with great prices.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 64yrs • M •
Life on planet earth is some kind of test I believe.

I think all those who do believe in God see God in there own way. To me, God was my father because my father left home and I'm sure some will see God as a woman. Paul teaches that we should be all things to all people. I believe God is all things to all of us.

Now I might start an arguement with some, but oh well: I believe those who say they don't believe in God, do believe in God, they just won't admit it. But that's just my way of understanding them.

I just wish they would just stop trying to understand me by thinking I'm nuts. Oh well - that's life on planet earth.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Life on planet earth is some kind of test I believe

Life is a test? I would have to disagree insomuch as that i believe that life was a gift, just to be experienced. Live life to the fullest and then return to God.

"What is true power?"
 64yrs • M •
Life may be a gift to you Azhrei, but what of the billion children who are born into this world to only be hungry and many die of it, their brain doesn't function fully and their growth is stunted.

How about the children born only to be beaton and sexually abused.

How about the person who was born on this earth to do nothing mre than clean rich peoples houses.

Some people can say life is a gift, because some got it like that, but I believe for the majority it is a struggle, some more, some less.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
life is not a test life. life is not a struggle. life is not a gift. life is an experience, and each persons is as different as the next. do not try to catorgoize something on such a scale as life. except that life is. and that is all it is. unfurtunately some are less likely than others. it just so happens to be that a true christian can not understand that, they are not aloud. not only do they stunt their mind, but their life. i now feel even more sorrow twards them.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • M •
I can agree

If you are a Christian, or someone like me who just believes in God, then you can believe that life is a test given to you by God.

But if you don't believe in God, well then, life can only be life.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
and what is wrong with that. i like life

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • M •
Your life might be good, others may not be so lucky

quote:
but what of the billion children who are born into this world to only be hungry and many die of it, their brain doesn't function fully and their growth is stunted.

How about the person who was born on this earth to do nothing mre than clean rich peoples houses.

Some people can say life is a gift, because some got it like that, but I believe for the majority it is a struggle, some more, some less.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The bible was created by man and should therefore not be accepted as anything but a fairy tale.

The Bible was written by man but created by God. Ever here of someone dictating a work of writing? The author may not physically write the words but He came up with them.
Besides to say that man made stuff is not to be trusted then I can say, "Science was made by man and should therefore be considered a lie."

quote:
The reason we have morals is because they keep us alive and progressing.

But that does not dismiss God as the creator of morals.

quote:
Tell me do you believe a mind capable of building a gun is better than a pair of claws? We weren't born knowing how to make these things, nor was the first creature resembling man capable of consieving the idea. Things progress slowly and steadily. Give the universe a few billions years and alot will happen. Step out your door and take a look.

So you think that a species built on war and violence would just think up a bunch of ways to behave better with no outside influence? So has man been evolving for billions of years? That exceeds any other number I have ever heard but I guess you can make the year count anything you want as long as it helps your argument. If man did evolve without morals he would simple end up killing off the species to make way for an other one less violent, Humans would not be the peak of evolution.

quote:
No, God is there if you imagine him.

One can imagine versions of God this is true but God really does exist and can be seen through action.

quote:
Nobody denies the comfort believing gives you, its that comfort that makes you weak.

And yet you choose the road of comfort. It must make you uncomfortable to think that God exists and so you do not accept it in favour of a belief system that will make you comfortable.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If you are a Christian, or someone like me who just believes in God, then you can believe that life is a test given to you by God.

How can life be a test if God is omniscient? What is the test for? Wheter we do wrong or right? That is obsurd. There would be no point to life if it was a test, God already know the choices we will make.

quote:
but what of the billion children who are born into this world to only be hungry and many die of it, their brain doesn't function fully and their growth is stunted.

Even a horrid life is still a gift, to be experienced the people who suffer also add to the experience of the people who do not. It is a horrible thing that happens to some children, but don't try to argue from emotion, argue from logic.

"What is true power?"
 35yrs • M •

The fraud of Christianity - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy