With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Conditon of the average American

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am a prison guard. Our uniform intails long sleve shirts. And it is because of this that no one I work with has yet seen my tattoes. But today I rolled my sleves up. I have a riseing sun on each of my fore arms. Underneath one says "I am", and underneath the other says "enlightening". And beleive it or not I reaceived Joke after Joke on them. I was the laughing stock of the entire prison. Guards and inmates.
The average american does not understand enlightenment. Nor do they like philosophy. Nor do they like God. Though out of principle they all clame that they do.
I would have to say that myself and the other philosophers in this world, and on this web-site, are utterly alone........
I venture to ask ,have any of you (my fellow philosophers), ever "fit in", in school work or anywhere else. I assume that, like me, none of you ever has.
It is a said Conditon of the average American. Let God help us stay strong, so that we may find the answers to all things philosophical, for the sake of our futures.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Nor do they like God. Though out of principle they all clame that they do. "

well these two assumptions are based on disclosure i dont think represents a bigger picture of every individual...

ive found ways not to feel so alienated.. liek my philosphy theories on how everyone is very simlar (same in a way) but limited cant be everthing at once.. and we all want attetion (positive form) from others.. so im like that too.. so ight as well get out there and expose yourself s do whatever it is that people liek and you like adapt.. have fun scoializin.. and stick to your phil theroies whcih you can present to people.. philosphy is meant for the end of the day kinda thing.. where after experincing then you can focus on that (even though i fond my slef writing notes during socualinteractions people think im crazy.. but sometimes i think im going to forget the thought... but anyway after doni that for a while you get so oorganised that you dont need to really do it so much and can have fun in the social world.. (and still philosphize) as well.. the want to fit in.. (im a canadian trying to fit in this thread)

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have been alienated everywhere i go as well. but not right away, is it the same as gollows for anyone of you guys? at first when i meet new people my heightened sense of being(well call itt that) really intrigues people because essentially in hindsight, they are all shallow. poeple, especially in highschool, see someone who has somethign that they think is original, like the ability to be comfortable in not conforming, they want to be around it. however once the "new" thing wears off people see that i am completely different in my approach to everything secular, like girls, cars, money, etc. and they are turned off by the same thing that attracted them to me in the first place.
its almost like i can not win with poeple even thouhg i know im charismatic, weel kept, humurous, yada yada yada. is it wrong to blame it on other peoples insecurities?

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
growing up looking different from everyone else made things hard enough for me. i never let it bother me on too deep of a level, but having to deal with people staring at you and then whispering who knows what to their neighbor about you really gets on your nerves after a while.

once i found people who could get past the physical aspect, the next hurdle was the emotional one. and im just like anyone else, always felt my own ideals were alienating me from the rest of the world.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • M •
All of these threads, I feel could have come from me. It has helped me that I feel support in my philosophical indevaros from the other philosophers here. And I think that I will go to work today with my sleves rolled all the way up.

Has anyone noticed that we all all relativley the same age?

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
15-25 is an important age bracket in that its when most people formulate the way they operate mentally, physically, spiritually ect. people at captaincynic have a leaning toward a philosophically inquiring mind. each of us for various and independant reasons.

those who are older have maintained their philosphical drives.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just laugh it off when people try and treat me differently. No point to bother explaining to those who won't listen. So, i just have fun with it

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
DrumMajor is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't bring up my philisophical side unless I'm around people who are like minded. Its something the average person doesn't understand and so I stay away from the subject.

39yrs • M •
DrumMajor

If you do not talk philosophy with all people then in the end you have canged very little. I think that it is neccesary to talk philosophy (in the most un-offensive way possible), with as many people as you possible can. Almost like it is the gospel that needs to be brought. Because the more people we change into thinking philosophical the better this world would be.
Think about it, if everyone everywhere was a philospher, all anyone would do is sit around discussing God. What better things can we as humans do.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 37yrs • M •
we cant forget to be humble and unimposing with our views, thats where religion went wrong. Because a means is a means nonetheless.
to each his own

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have noticed that I really feel out of place when i begin discussing something that has occured to me and virtually nobody gets it, and then i have to go into a long discussion about why something is a certian way in order to get them to the same place .... but they still don't get it.

I am lucky to have found my wife, who at least if she doesn't get me she tries to understand me.

Philosophy is a subject that must be discussed, becuase without thought from other people the ideas are just stuck spinning in our own heads.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
we have to accept other people not accepting it. we are not worthy of judgement, nor are we in position to know what mkaes other people happy.
the only thing that matters is that people are happy, regardless of there views and opinions.
someone is going to bring up: what if murder makes us happy, well to that i stay true to the basic concept of life
we have the right to do as we please to mantain our health and our mind as long as we do not infringe on the health and minds of others
the law will answer to those who step on these lines, it is in the constitution.
a means is a means nonetheless

39yrs • M •
Navin

In my honest opnion I think you are wrong. Yes, some would say that killing makes them happy. We as a society know however , that people who think this are wrong. So then it is not "whatever makes you happy", as you would suggest. Because there is a wrong way and a right way to receive happiness. And that is what philosophy is all about. To discover the ultimate happiness of our souls.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy