Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

evolutýon???? - Page 4

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ethereal: on request about isotopic dating (these will improve your understanding for starters):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotopic_dating
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/nuclear/clkroc.html

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
yes, all cells contain DNA that can carry out cell division and/or replication.
Ethereal: request about origin may improve your understandingof his intent by giving a different perception. I had noted an oddity about the inception of evolution of simple single cells?
quote:
Which came first the chicken or the egg?
Thinking in terms of cell division, I had to first consider that as the material [body] grew in order to divide then I asked does the boundary [skin] expand or does it grow larger?
quote:
then an oddity (attribute) of oneness of the Spirit presented itself into my thought process.
A simple cell must represents a container for it to be a distinct cell? Otherwise the material of it's existence would simply expand so looking in the microscope we would see a mass o it'sf substance instead of individual cells in water!
Which is a ramification of ethereal's arguement.
[Revised]
For a cell to evolve from an random combination of organic combination & an induced charge. It would have to form the permeable membrane [skin; boundary layer] separating it from it's environment & the nucleus material [attributes; ability to obtain energy] to form living cells? As to the DNA, could it provide such to produce a cell or does the environment form an incubater for the initial cell growth as in reproduction?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 37yrs • M •
cturtle: it is rather confusing to understand what your trying to come across about cells and its connection to evolution. It is also tricky to decipher what you are asking. Can you clarify and/or elaborate please?

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorry about the lack of communication skills.
Note I tried to revise statements, does that make it clear?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorry i'm a bit slow....Evolution is just a theory right??... which means it has no ground basis right??..... so if something has no ground, then how can you stand on it?? if it's not a fact, why would you believe in it??..... All this supposition is to me, pointless!!!....... we continually argue where man came from, the creation of man, the creation of life.....

Aight all you evolutionists give me these answers:

How is Light created?...
How are trees created?...
How is dirt created?
If evaporation happens everyday, why are there clouds sometimes in some areas and not there at other times??
why does the sea stop at the sand (no matter how rough the sea is)?
how are clouds created?...

I got alot more but i'll settle with these......We're so involved in the history of Man, and not concerned with the history of Humanity, reality, and existence.....Everything is based soley on the 'I'.....the Human 'I'........Where you came from is way more than an evolution from something that was already there, everything has its own line, every river has its own source, every tree has its own seed........Man can't evolve from monkeys because monkeys are a totally different species.......man still evolves today (if you want to take it in that sense).....interracial mixing is evolution in the present day.........if you have sex with a monkey then you don't produce shit.....And what other way of evolving is there other than sex??......how else can you bring life other than the union of one thing to the other??......I say man was created by the union (sex) between the spiritual (the almighty) and the earth (The almighty incarnate, the mother).. how can you know who you are if you're still debating on where you came from????.....lmao.....

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
The ultimate goal of science is to understand the natural world in terms of scientific theories, which are only concepts. The word 'theory' refers to a speculative idea. A theory can't claim the truth or fact- they are simply reasons.

I'll briefly answer your questions.
How is Light created?... Light is energy. At the atomic level, light are photons which are a quantum of the electromagnetic field. Photons are produced whenever charged particles are accelerated.This light is produced (in our solar system) from the sun. The sun is a massive ball of burning gases, hence this produces energy and photons are emitted, as a reaction product.

How are trees created?... from DNA at conception, sexually reproduce either via assissted pollination or self-pollination.

How is dirt created? dirt is the by-product of erosion and weathering through the geohydrological cycle. To put simply-dirt is eroded rock. Rock comes from the lithosphere, where it's chemical properties, shape form, type, and composition is determined by plate tectonics.

If evaporation happens everyday, why are there clouds sometimes in some areas and not there at other times?? Because moisture in the atmosphere is continuously imbalanced. Warm air massess and cool air masses are always moving and interacting. This happens by warm/cold fronts, orographic lift, and by convection caused by diurnal heating.

why does the sea stop at the sand (no matter how rough the sea is)? the sea stops at the sand because that is the global sea level. It rises and lowers due to tides. It also changes due to global climate conditions ie. glaciation/melting process (otherwise known as global cooling/warming).

how are clouds created?... Clouds are a mass of condensation droplets or ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere. The air is cooled to its saturation point. This happens when the air comes in contact with a cold surface or a surface that is cooling by radiation, or the air is cooled by adiabatic expansion (rising). Also the air stays the same temperature but absorbs more water vapour into it until it reaches saturation.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In evolution, you claim that humans came from apes.
We evolved from a certain type of ape right?
Over a large amount of time we changed.
Slowly.
So in this time we must have been transitioning through many different phases of evolution.
I know I have seen many pictures through my life with the ape and the transition to man.
Do any of you remember those stages in between the Ape and Man.
Well those are the transition phases i'm talking about.
Now, having that explained since the beginning of archeology
since when has a single archeologist ever dug up a authentic transitional form of human.
No one has ever found one.
Not a single one.
Their have been a few that were though to be real but all turned out a joke.
Im sure most of you have heard of the term "The missing Link" right?
You know why its missing?? Because it isnt there.
Apes are a whole separate species from Humans.
There is no logical reason to even believe we evolved from anything because there is no proof of anything.
We crawled out of the OOZ as a single celled organism and evolved.
Ok where did the OOZ come from.
blah blah blah
Where did that come from?
Where did this come from?
You can keep saying that until you finally realize that evolution is a joke.
Its not even logical.
*sigh* /bored

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 37yrs • M •
Now this is the point where I just laugh at such a naive statement from Zato

There is logical evidence:
-biogeographic evidence
-anatomical evidence
-biochemical evidence

go figure...

37yrs • M •
laugh it up. But you still didnt answer any of my questions.
It doesnt make sense to presume opinion as FACT.

37yrs • M •
what was your question?

37yrs • M •
How is evolution logical?

37yrs • M •
quote:
How is evolution logical when it makes no sense?

Now that is a new question. It makes no sense to who?...you mean it makes no sense to yourself. Quite frankly if it doesn't make sense to you, then you obviously don't understand it. You need to understand to learn & vica versa.

37yrs • M •
Of course it makes no sense to me. If you read my larger post above you would realize that.

Summit, I think it is illogical because there is no understanding where everything anything came from in the beginning.

And of course im not a scientist. Im still learning. If you can enlighten my view please do.

ps- i edited my post right after you must have read it.

much <3

37yrs • M •
There is massive understanding on the origin of life.
If you want the evidence straight up, you will need to first learn the basics of evolution and secondly- understand it. If you never have learnt the basics of evolution, go read a book from a library- such as the Origin of Life. There are hundreds upon hundreds of information sources. I can help and give you some evidence to start off, if you want, as I am majoring in evolutionary biology at university now. Heres some basic fundamental information to start you off with:

1. Fossil evidence shows:
- transitional link between groups of organisms
- geological time scale
- mass extinctions

2. Biogeographical evidence shows:
- biogeography
- continental drift
- environmental adaptations

3. Anatomical Evidence shows:
-differences/similarities between organisms (structures and functions)
- homologous structures
- analogous structures
- vestigial structures

4. Biochemical evidence shows:
- DNA sequences
- amino acid sequences

The intermediate evidence is well established and documented in most species, including homeo sapiens.

ok, I will further enlighten your understanding of evolution (but later). Sorry not now....I'm seriously studying for final university exams right now (as a matter of fact on evolutionary biology).

37yrs • M •
quote:
1. Fossil evidence shows:
- transitional link between groups of organisms
- geological time scale
- mass extinctions

2. Biogeographical evidence shows:
- biogeography
- continental drift
- environmental adaptations

3. Anatomical Evidence shows:
-differences/similarities between organisms (structures and functions)
- homologous structures
- analogous structures
- vestigial structures

4. Biochemical evidence shows:
- DNA sequences
- amino acid sequences

As far as I know fossils show no human transitional evidence.
But nothing you say will make it logical to me.
Unless you can come up with a universal answer to how everything got here in the beginning without a God.
Note: I am not a Christian nor any form of it.
I do not believe in anything at all because I don't know what to believe.
Summit, do you under where I am coming from with the whole "it doesn't make sense because there is no foundation" aspect?
foundation being the origin of anything with out a God.

evolutýon???? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy