Wars are not won by dying for one's country, they are won by making the other poor bastard die for his country - tanker
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

evolutýon???? - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont think we came from them i just wondered how someone who believe we did can explain the coexistion of both. i dont know if i made that word up but i think it makes sense so well go with it.
is it way too weird to think we evolved from humans?
if the bible is any sort of guideline for belief on this topic i fo=ind it oddthat when god says let there be man and woman, he did not create man or owman? it was not until the next chapter after the earth was complete that he created adam aand then eve.
so maybe did God create the possibility of humans instead of actually crating us. thoughts?

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So if species evolve at different rates why haven't we seen any evidence of this? Why has nothing made any significant progress in recorded history?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there are several records of speciation. whoever has been telling you that there is no record of it is simply wrong. it is witnessed regularly in bacteria. it has been documented in plants.

altho i cant find it at the moment, im pretty sure its been documented in insects as well.

large evolutionary processes take lots of time, much more time than we have been recording things. unless of course you are talking about mutations... but thats a whole other can of worms.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
large evolutionary processes take lots of time, much more time than we have been recording things

But what if one started several millions of years later than another than wouldn't it be possible that there be evidence of it? Why is it that all mammals effectively stopping evolving at or just before we started recording history?

40yrs • M •
this is pretty much where the argument in evolution comes to a halt. one side can refuse to believe due to lack of physical evidence and then other can choose to believe due to observations that have been made.

anti-evolutionists wont be satisfied until we have been around for millions of years to witness a huge jump in human evolution. other species wont even be enough proof.

39yrs • M •
But isn't the human reproductive cycle a form of speciation? Cells becoming Human. This take only nine months.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

But what if one started several millions of years later than another than wouldn't it be possible that there be evidence of it? Why is it that all mammals effectively stopping evolving at or just before we started recording history?

These mammals haven't stopped evolving, evolution just takes a long time. humans are evolving as well. For example, the average hight of a person is taller now than it was 2000years ago. Evolution exists, it just takes a long time. just because you can't tell if something has evolved or not doesn't mean it hasn't. evolution is a gradual process, so you won't notice on a complex life form. it is noticeable in diseases, however. That's why there are those warning labels on medicines saying to take every pill unless otherwise instructed. that's because if you don't take all the medicine, the virus, or germ will evolve to be resistant to the drug. God isn't punishing you for not taking all your medicine, the disease is evolving inside you, and the process is helped along by the medicine. this is why you have to take it all, because if you don't, some virus cells will be left, and these cells are immune to the drug. that's why they survived, and these cells re-produce. Thus: evolution.

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Evolution exists, it just takes a long time

Cells becoming Human. This take only nine months.

Why is it that all species finished (or started) major change at or just before the time we started recording history. Shouldn't at least one mammal be at a stage of noticable speciation?

35yrs • M •
quote:
Cells becoming Human. This take only nine months.

The cells are already human. This isn't evolution.

quote:
Why is it that all species finished (or started) major change at or just before the time we started recording history. Shouldn't at least one mammal be at a stage of noticable speciation?

They are, animals don't evolve in spurts, it's not an overnight thing, all species are evolving, evolution happens gradualy though, so you're not likely to notice a difference in a week.

Furthermore you seem confused as to the meaning of evolution. read this.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Evolution

39yrs • M •
quote:
The cells are already human. This isn't evolution.

"A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form. "

According to the definition you gave it is.

You fail to see what I am saying. If for example a whale started evolving into a land animal and it started 1 million years before today now consider the overlap that it's evolution would have with recorded history. Why do we not see these types of changes?

35yrs • M •
because the changes are small. evolution takes a long time, longer than people have been watching species. most animals were different 2000 years ago, but people just didn't documant, and descrive them as carefully as we do now.

39yrs • M •
quote:
most animals were different 2000 years ago, but people just didn't documant

If it wasn't recorded then how do you know it was different?

40yrs • M •
quote:
But isn't the human reproductive cycle a form of speciation? Cells becoming Human. This take only nine months.

yes. yet knowing that this type of change is possible and does occur regularly with organisms, people still refuse to believe that more dramatic changes can occur... curious.

39yrs • M •
quote:
yes. yet knowing that this type of change is possible and does occur regularly with organisms, people still refuse to believe that more dramatic changes can occur... curious.

I don't think that evolution does not exist but I do not believe we are here as a result of it.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I don't think that evolution does not exist but I do not believe we are here as a result of it.

that seems like a contradiction

"The summit is just a halfway point"
evolutýon???? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy