Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dream Telepathy?

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dream Telepathy?
I've had several dreams that lead me to believe that maybe there is a connection with others while dreaming or asleep. One night i dreamt that i saw my friend walking down the hall of our high school, he turned to me with a solemn look on his face waved to me and walked out the front doors ending the dream. The next day i found out that he had killed himself that night. Another time i dreamt about a girl i worked with and her boyfriend, i asked him if it was alright and he said he didnt care they werent together. The next day i found out that she had been cheating on him and they had broken up. These were people that i hadnt talked to or about in at least 3ree months (i had moved out of town since then). Is it possible maybe to control this? Has anyone had a similar experience or thought? Or does anyone at least have a funny way of slamming my thoughts....

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i sometimes have precog dreams and really noticeable dejavu

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
happens to me too, from time to time...dejavu likes to play with my head. i'll think of a song or a person i havent seen in a while, and then BOOM ill see them. the problem is that usually the things i think about are so dumb and small, i dont say anything, so when it comes true im like DANG I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT SHIT...i think we all have degrees of "psychicness"

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dreams. There is no 100% answer that one can give you. But, it sounds like you subconsciously feel guilty and/or miss them.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
dreams are your mind subconciounsly (blah on spelling) doing "math" to figure out the most likey thing to happen next.

in other words, it takes everything you already know... and solves for x....

x being what COULD happen next....

you're brain is smarter than you think =)

what you said happens to me a lot, but other times i'm completely wrong... when you're wrong its just your brain predicted incorrectly.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
written on this website, its a half-baked theory of mine.... but i have it written out in full depth with examples of mine and others throughout history... yes using math. i love making theories.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've thought about that a lot too recently, and i agree with the whole mathematical dream thing. I was just thinking the other day that that is a possibility for deja vu. You do the same things day in and day out. Sometimes you feel like you've done it etc. My thought was that maybe in your dreams your brain could've mapped out that situation then when it happens you're like hey what the flice?? But the specific dreams i'm talking about don't really fit this pattern. They were about things that wer happening almost in real time.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
and also, if you do the same things, day-in and day-out, your deja vu may just be you doing the same thing again.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 41yrs • F •
erinjolynn is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I do agree with most everyone is saying. Mathmatically and the routine thing can give warrant for those deja vu.. but I have to argue my point in the fact that there has to be some unexplained "pre-cog" to it.
Many times I have found myself to dream about someone I have never met or never even seen, being raped and then murdered, etc. I then find within the next week or so to seeing that exact person on the news, and he or she looks the exact same even tho I have never met that person. This terrifies me, and concerns me at the same time.
I am naturally a sketptical person. So i find myself attempting to excuse it quite often by coming to the conclusion that I either
A. am I asscociating the description because subcousiouly i want to believe it as strange as it sounds.
or B. some other excuse i make up to refuse to believe what is starring me in the face.... lol

But none of this as much as i'd like....cannot be true either because while the locations, time frame and occasionaly the face of the one comminting the act can be slightly skewed the act itself is always right on as is the person whom is the "victim"
sorry if this creeps anyone out...

As I am a believer in what I see, and know for a fact, instead of one who just believes for the sake of believing, i know some form of un-explained pre-cog has to be true...
otherwise how do you explain my un-explainable dreams?
(yes im actually askin...as I would like to be proven wrong in something im 90% sure is not)

""I have gone to look for myself. If I get back before I return...tell me to wait.""
Dream Telepathy?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy