We are the people... without us the country doesn't exist, nor do the leaders - gothabomber
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Conventional Man and Woman

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I try to break away from restricting conventions, but it's difficult. The other day, I judged this one person to be "not that pretty" semi-consciously, then gave myself a mental jab. I compared her to the conventional woman (or the idealized woman) and was so disgusted that I still haven't been able to develop a broader sense of what's beautiful.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It could be that your perception of beauty may contain some or many aspects of the 'conventional' view. If this is the case then don't criticize yourself but if you are still not happy with it then continue seeking out new definitions of beauty

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The other day, I judged this one person to be "not that pretty" semi-consciously, then gave myself a mental jab.

It was my third eye, wasn't it? Or were you disgusted with my braided ear hairs?

Well, putting my flaws aside, you're human Attolia. What is conventional? You thinking this girl was "not that pretty" could be a total knock-out in the eyes of another. That other guy might be jabbing himself for thinking a super model is "not that pretty."

I was at the store the other night and I heard two teenagers, talking about this girl at another register.

First guy: Damn dude, I'd tap that a$$ any time.
Second guy: That's sick man. You could tap it and 50 others could too, it's so damn big.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Don't "jab" yourself for something like that. You have the right to an opinion of someone's beauty just like you have the right to think that what someone is doing is right or wrong. The only real reason for physical attraction is sex. If someone doesn't find me attractive it doesnt hurt my feelings and i wouldnt want them to feel bad for thinking that. But i also know that if someone doesnt find me attractive i do tend to question why and think if i could change that without going against myself. Why would i do this after i said how it only matters for sex?? Well let me tell you that in my experience if someone wants to have sex with you they are usually nicer to you and more willing to hear what you have to say than someone they don't want to.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy