Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

commandments - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Violence is a FINAL solution it is not to be used first, even in the face of violence.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
forgive my lack of clarity ethereal, i was addressing takemeser

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why does anyone have to die? Etherealthemeekle says it's because of Adam and Eve, but I don't believe that sexist tale of bullshit. You're going to have to ponder that one alone or ask God, if you believe in God.

There is no such thing as justified murder if you're a Christian. They tried to feed me that crap in Catholic school. "Thou shalt not kill", "Turn the other cheek", "do another others as you would have done unto thyself", "let the first who has not sin cast the first stone", etc, all those quotes prove that Jesus was a pacifist. Murder is NEVER EVER justified, whether it's a final solution or not.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Murder is NEVER EVER justified,

But murder and killing are two different things.

And people have to die because we are mortal.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, but there was not death in the beginning. You commented about this in the "devoted Christian" thread. You said that since Adam and Eve betrayed God then humanity's punishment was death.

Murder is knowledgable and willfull killing. I can understand how accidental death is purely accidental, and not the accidental killer's fault, but killing the man who wishes to murder your friend is still murder since you willingly chose to kill him.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Murder is knowledgable and willfull killing

Murder is cold blooded killing. And killing in self defense is not considered murder either

quote:
You said that since Adam and Eve betrayed God then humanity's punishment was death.

Man decided he wanted to die when he disobeyed God

35yrs • F •
Killing in self defense is murder and it goes against the teachings of Jesus. Jesus said to turn the other cheek and do good to those who hurt you.

39yrs • M •
quote:
Killing in self defense is murder and it goes against the teachings of Jesus. Jesus said to turn the other cheek and do good to those who hurt you.

No where in there does it say lay down and die when someone attacks you. Christians are not to be suicidal. Self defence killing differs from murder in its lack of premeditation and its lack of malicious intent.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
pete smith you said

quote:

Well i actually tried sorting out the problem but no matter how nice i was to the cafeteria cashier, how persistent and even angry i got didn't seem to matter to her she didnt believe that i gave her a 10..

so you see she didnt trust me and thats why i had to take it into my hands... and try to justify myself for the loss of my own money the next day by stealing lunch

cause technically i already paid for it but, nobody would listen or believe me

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
But taking matters into your own hands just makes you a vigilante and no better than a bully

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what does a bully have to do with this

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
But taking matters into your own hands just makes you a vigilante and no better than a bully

35yrs • F •
When did vigilantes become bullies?

39yrs • M •
Vigilantes have no legal authority for their activity and often become self interest groups just like bullies

[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 35yrs • F •
I think you mean militia groups, like in the northern midwest. Vigilantes are just people who take the law into their own hands. Sometimes that's bad, but sometimes it's good and just. For instance, say a thief steals an old lady's purse. The person who tackled the thief to get the purse back would be a vigilante.

commandments - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy