In public, I never cry, in private, I try my best not to, in my mind, I never stop. - Vortex271
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are we unconsciously narcissistic?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In general, people find attractions toward people who look like themselves, have similar facial features, have similar histories and/or are of similar social classes. why do we not more readily seek differences? if people have such low self esteem, how do we end up loving -in essence- ourselves? is this behavior learned or innate?

i do realize there are exceptions, but if you examine husbands and wives you can very often see similarities between the two.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Comfort. Simply: people need to be asured 'they' are doing the right things. So, you seek people similar to reinforce what 'you' want to be according to how you perceive what yourself should be. This is a product of environmental influence 'creating' what yourself is.

""No words""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Comfort is the right answer. Leads to fewer problems. For example, if I'm a person who counts every penny earned and spent, I won't marry someone who loves to spend money, or else it will lead to problems.

Why would I examine myself in my new dress when I was five years old? Is it because I love myself or because I want to gain social approval? Social approval. Our self-love develops from comparing ourselves to others. Could you love yourself if you lived alone on an island?

Self-estemm leads to self-love. Agree?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's necessary for people to be narcissistic, not absolutely just to a certain extent . If i didn't love myself and my opinions and think that everything said was worth saying then i'd never speak, aside from recreational speaking, same goes for everyone. Maybe self confidence is a better way of putting it. Even the self confidence that you know you will be able to get out the words properly and coherently to get your Big Mac without tomatoes and with extra pickles when ordering through the drive up prompt.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy