Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Do you know everything?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
mr_hospitality is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Do you know everything?
Ignorance is a beautiful thinng. It's what makes America land of the brave...land of the brave ass little 15-18 yr. olds that think they are all-knowing. QUICK, SAVE THE WORLD WHILE WHILE YOU STILL KNOW EVERYTHING! There seems to be alot of kids that fall into that category on this site, and I'm sure that any post-adolescent who replies will use something like "i've always known that i dont know everything." or the classic I know nothing at all. That only worked for Socrates my friends. But I'm just curious kiddies, what is it that leads you to believe that you are so knowledgable about a subject that you haven't even fully experienced yet?

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
just to see what ur reaction is, i know i dont know everything, i know full well you dont, and im pretty sure no-one else on this site knows everything either. and as far as im aware none of them have ever claimed to. in case one of the things you dont know how to do is read, none of the posts on this site say, "im right ur wrong live with it". everyone on here is expressing an opinion, as always lots of the opinions are formed on half truths and mistaken judgements, but that is by no means exclusive to the under 20s. this thread is a brilliant example of that. there are a lot of cocky lil kids in all countries, regardless of race colour or creed. ill admit that i prob did at some points think i knew something that i didnt, ill bet everyone did. but in most places they are a minority (though the amount does appear to be growing). if ur wondering y im getting so annoyed at this post, its cos i fit in ur age range, and in case ur wondering this is an opinion, i don't think this is a statement of fact thats set in stone, cos its not. but i bet if u look round this site, ull find some equally know it all over 18s, and if u dont like the site, find a new one.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
teens dont know everything, dont believe in their heart they know everything. they simply invest a lot more emotion into their beliefs and ideas. they make bold statements because for one, it makes them feel empowered to do so and for another they are just coming to realize that others will listen to what they have to say. the fact that you have such a problem with other people wanting to express themselves shows a lot about your own doubts and fears in your own life.

for those who honestly think their ideas are "better" or "right" .... well unless you can seriously back it up, i hope you choke.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
mayb making bold statements without sufficient backup isnt a very smart thing to do, but its part of the learning curve. and it is a new sensation for teenagers to realise people will now listen, and treat them more like equals, it takes a while to get used to, some people arent yet adult enough to make any proper use of it, so just make statements cos they will get listened to.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i completly agree.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yea, that was my point. Cynic-Al put it more kindly though

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeah. alot more kindly. the tone over shadowed the meaning, you "adults" do that alot. it gets kinda confusing.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
Do you know everything?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy