Well i was as helpless as a chess piece when I was lifted up by someone's hand, and delivered from the corner my enemies had got me in. (Brighteyes) - iSOUGHT|THOUGHT
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A question for a devoted Christian.

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
Taz1144 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have many Christian friends, and they know I'm openly gay. I've asked all of them this question, but never got an answer.
Okay, I'm gay. Homosexuality is a sin. All of my friends know me well and say that I'm one of the few good people left in this world. I follow the Ten Commandments, yes. I'm drug-free. Alway have been, always will be. I'm actually a better person then many of my Christian friends. So, If I am a good person and I follow all of these rules and do everything to deserve to get into heaven (I know there's nothing you can CERTAINLY do to get into heaven and all that, but, you know what I mean) will I really be ejected just because I am homosexual? I, personally, am not Christian. But I want to know.

"And you. I wish I didn't feel for you anymore."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You will be rejected from Heaven on the basis that you do not accept Jesus as your saviour.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 33yrs • M •
Taz1144 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Okay, assume I WAS Christian and accepted Jesus as my savior. Assume I was a good Christian....who is homosexual. What then?

39yrs • M •
If you were a good Christian you wouldn't be a homosexual. I know some gays who became Christians and they have left that lifestyle behind them.

33yrs • M •
Okay. The question isn't if I'm a good Christian or not. Just say I AM a good Christian. I'm going to be denied from Heaven just for being homosexual? Even if I believe in Jesus and follow the Ten Commandment and so forth?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to be homosexual is to be a "bad" or anti christian. you may be a nice person, a law abiding person but if you are homosexual you are not a good christian. so much so that you will be sent to hell. thats the general concensus anyway.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is it possible Jesus myhave been homoexual?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/religion/cst-nws-req29.html

""No words""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Homosexuality is a sin.

Apparently in christianity it is. Why would anyone want to be a christian if they are aware of this or believe in it!!!
Utter discrimination to the extreme. Just another reason why christianity is not morally correct. I bet the so called 'God' would utterly frown upon discrimination against homosexuals.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
fo real obvoiusly not a straight person choosing to be gay that would be cruel of god to have some peopel made instincitvley habbitual in a way where they are on a one way ticket straight to hell ahahahaa i dont belive that shit

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
can pixtures ome aguee that its becasue they were bad in previuos life but that desnt follow ith christinity s naw.. off topic i feel how we normally want things simple whether believing n god or not believing in god feels like big part of brain so easy so comfortable for it to settle on an answer by any reason rather then dwelling on both sides..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Why would anyone want to be a christian if they are aware of this or believe in it!!!

Why not? Your implication that people should reject Christianity because it has a moral code that you dislike is absurd. There are good reasons to not accept homosexuality. Primarily it destroys the only safe environment that a child can grow up in. But I guess not discriminating against the homosexual lifestyle is better than helping our children.

38yrs • M •
quote:
Why not? Your implication that people should reject Christianity because it has a moral code that you dislike is absurd. There are good reasons to not accept homosexuality. Primarily it destroys the only safe environment that a child can grow up in.

you really seem socially-morally blinded. It seems you have been brainwashed.

39yrs • M •
quote:
you really seem socially-morally blinded. It seems you have been brainwashed

Why? Because I disagree with you?

38yrs • M •
inequity and disrespect. There is no hierachy of rights.

39yrs • M •
What is your point?

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy