Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 5

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Gays don't have that kind of responsibility.

So that means they are sinners? By this logic, anyone who uses birth controll, decides not to have kids, or is single is also a sinner. Just becasue someone isn't exactally like you doesn't make them any less of a person.

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
So that means they are sinners?

They are sinners because they are only devoted to themselves and refuse responsibility.

quote:
anyone who uses birth controll, decides not to have kids, or remains single is also a sinner.

I have already addressed the issue of single people. They whole point of getting married is to have a family if you don't want kids than stay single and abstain from sex.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
quote:
They are sinners because they are only devoted to themselves and refuse responsibility.

it's perfectly possible to be responsible without having childeren to oblige your god. if that wern't true, then there would be a much higher crime rate.

39yrs • M •
quote:
it's perfectly possible to be responsible without having childeren to oblige your god. if that wern't true, then there would be a much higher crime rate.

The crime rate is already ridiculously high. We live in a world where nine and ten year old beat people with lead pipes.

35yrs • M •
That doesn't make them gay.

39yrs • M •
No one said it did. But gays in particular are into losing the idea of responsibility. And you seem to think the crime rate isn't bad.

35yrs • M •
don't tell me what i think. i aknowedge that the crime rate is high, but that doesn't mean that gay's are commiting the crimes. i don't know where you're getting your information about this, but you're being lied to.

39yrs • M •
I never said gays were committing all the crimes. You were the one who started with the whole crime rate thing. I only said that gays do not share the kind of responsibility that a straight person does.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Catnip48 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think responsibility is a good argument to a homosexual. There is a lot of violation of marriage and sexuality like sex before marriage and divorce. To gay people this tell them that people are being prejudice. I think they will be more understanding of you if people did as they say.

39yrs • M •
But it is completely valid. If someone has the flu do you shoot them or treat them? Just because marriage is broken doesn't mean we need to make it worse.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let me just add, if it hasn't been said earlier. Fourteen years old, are sure you are gay?

You're still young, and you may have experienced gay tendancies - we all do. I would be a little open on that.

First off, if you absolutely believe that bible is the word of God, there are some very strong theological ministers who also claim to be gay, and I'm sorry right now, I can't recall their names, but they're out there. They've written books explaining Pauls teaching on such subject.

As for me, I believe that there is much truth to be found in the bible, but I also believe it is corrupted and can't be completely trusted.

I remember meeting man who shared his umbrella with me in Philidalphia. His father was a minister and he was sent to a Christian Psychitrist who couldn't heal him, so, he was told he would go to hell, it was his fault and his family disowned him. I thought it was terrible, I thought he was good man.

I think the bible is wrong.

I

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is a Christian Psychitrist?

The Bible NEVER tells anyone that we should tell people they are going to hell because they have issues that man cant fix. What the Bible does say is the the Bible is life to all who find it (believe it) and healling to a mans whole body.

If that man had sought God and His word, he would have found he was more loved and accepted than he could ever have dared possible.

Remember just because someone says they are a Christian, it does not neccessarly mean they are.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Catnip48 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[/But it is completely valid. If someone has the flu do you shoot them or treat them? Just because marriage is broken doesn't mean we need to make it worse.]

I think when people argue against homosexual marriage they should also argue against the divorce problem just so they don't seem like they're prejudice. I don't believe in homosexual marriage because of violation of marriage but people don't understand that because a lot of politicans aren't arguing against divorce. I see that some of them are just hypocrits anyway. Rush Limbaugh got divorce 3 times and still acts likes homosexual marriage is the "biggest" violation of marriage.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think gay marriag is another subject.

Thanks for pointing out the hypocracy of Rush Limbaugh

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting The bible speaks aginst homosexual behavior. Christians should love others without regard for gender,
It is not unchristian to love horses but it is a taboo to have intimate (seual) relationships with them.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy