There is no shop in the world where we can buy friends, that is why we treasure them knowing that we can never find any replacement over the counter. - sweetygirl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 12

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We can chose to connect with or stay diconnected from God. It has nothing to do with time or distance but with what forces we connect with. If not God then Satan

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Satan IS the material world. If there is a wrong it is ignorance of God, which is evil, complete desire of material objects-but nay...there is always hope...darkness is just a shadow of light.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
No Satan rules the material world. He is the embodyment of evil which is the ignorance of God's supremecy

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is classical dualist thinking and something I disagree with. There can only be one and it is different to the sum of its parts but all constitutes the whole. This 'substance' binds us. Now...I think its time for sleep and then to do some mundane stuff like day-to-day doing your bit. These threads go on too much. All good stuff tho

""No words""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But you admit they made mistakes that is judgement. You cannot love someone until you have judged them.

No, you judge the action, not the person. Sort of a "hate the sin not the sinner" deal.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
No, you judge the action, not the person.

Yes you love the person not the actions therefore you do not as you say "love imperfection" God loves us not for what we do but because of the potential we have. Unconditional love still judges though because in spite of the fact that God doesn't count forgiven sin against us we still must deal with the consequences. You cannot love someone and also refuse to correct them when necessary

48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Humans know when they hurt other humans. We're not that stupid.

What about all the wars that have killed millions and millions through the ages? Why do we have a police force, an army and missile defence systems etc?

We have no clue how to treat each other.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Because humans are imperfect not because we don't know the difference between right and wrong but because we choose something wrong even if we do know it's wrong. Plus, I could get into a whole crazy feminist rant about how violence is bred by men but then I'd sound really stupid (or would I?).

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
I could get into a whole crazy feminist rant about how violence is bred by men but then I'd sound really stupid (or would I?).

You would sound incredibly stupid because it is more than likely that women in power would have done the same kinds of things that men in power have done, unless of course you consider males and females to be different species.

35yrs • F •
Lol, yeah, I could get into a big discussion about the nature of men and women, but I think that should have its own thread.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Doesn't history show that women (queens, etc) rule over nations but then we would have to judge that their actions was based upon gender rather the individual?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 39yrs • M •
History shows us plenty examples of woman rulers who did horrible things to other people

35yrs • F •
Let's not get that off topic. I think one of us should create a separate thread for this discussion.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'll try to help. is god being fair with his impossible rules?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
God's rules are not impossible

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 12
  8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy