Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

your purpose - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont know if we have purpose in life, religion is a search for one, but in that area im dubious. if we do have a purpose in life, i dont believe there is one that we are destined to fulfil, that we cannot fail to fulfil no matter what happens. if we have a purpose in life, it is unlikely to be selfish, but if it is in aid of something like knowledge of the uman race, then that is a social purpose not a life purpose. i think any real "purpose" in life would be fate, and i dont believe in fate.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the purpose of any living beeing is to live. to different people that means different things.

to me, it means just that. live... and keep living, realize what i am and all that fancy stuff.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I READ EVERYONES POST ON THIS THREAD, AND IN REALITY NOTHING IS DESIRED EXEPT HAPPINESS. WHATEVER IS DESIRED OTHERWISE IS DONE SO AS MEANS TO SOMETHING ELSE, AND ULTIMATELY HAPPINESS. HAVING SAID THIS, IF HUMAN NATURE IS SO CONSTITUTED AS TO DESIRE NOTHING WHICH IS NOT EITHER A PART OF HAPPINESS OR A MEANS TO HAPPINESS, IT IS THE SOLE END OF HUMAN ACTION.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to receive and spread (hopefully good).

""No words""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
purpose.. to find purpose? how about this. none of us know what our true purpose is

our purpose is always changing.. instead of asking an unanswerable question we should just live, realize that in reality we know nothing, and trust that god will direct us to understand

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 46yrs • F •
viGYAna is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think the purpose for all of us human beings is mental evolution. We are the most gifted and advanced species on the planet and our method of evolution now is with our minds. But the majority of us are too stupid to know it.

""You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope someday you will join us, and the world will live as one." John Lennon"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it is indeed that mental evolution is our natural purpose.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to recieve positive attetnion (and give it) by doing what you love to do...

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 58yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RaTyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Setting goals is a bad thing. Problem with goal setting is that you keep having to modify the goals or you either fail to accomplish them, or you succeed in accomplishing them all and then what do you do? Set more goals.

As for the mental evolution purpose of the species theory - well, knowledge is power, however the bulk of our population is still living in trailer parks and dating their sisters so we're probably a few (1000) generations away from getting to the point of speaking with only thoughts in the nuclear war ravaged under city of old New York while the apes rule the surface of the planet.

""I do not wish my pockets to be searched.""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
goal setting is incredibly important. efficient and effective management determines successfulness of achieving goals and purposes.

the thing is there is a difference between societal mental evolution and individual mental evolution. Individual evolution is obviously within one's lifespan and therefore it depends on an individuals context- ie- age, education and also their ability to think- IQ,etc.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Re-Animated is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I live for myself and my own goals, laws and wishes. I live to protect those I care about in any situation. I belive everyone should fight for their pride and never let anyone take it from you. This is the difference between the ''good'' and the ''bad'' people.
My main goal is to change things I see as negative in society. If i can, and get the chanse, I would go for a political career.

I live for achieving knowledge.

"Albert Fish: "What I did must have been right or an angel would have stopped me, just as an angel stopped Abraham in the Bible [from sacrificing his son].""
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
come now... is it that funny?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it can be

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • F •
parasite is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
learn. teach. repeat.

"Destruction brings recreation."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lynnz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think everyone in reality is just trying to survive life in itself, with purposes and opportunity's they want met that may or may not come along before their time is up. My purpose is to go after what (of many things) truly makes me happy and feeling fulfillment at the end of the day. Everyone has their own defining moment, whether it be note-worthy of recognition or not, the total gratification should be within oneself, not for others that you try to please. What you do whether it be actually having and accomplishing a purpose you set out to do, or not having a purpose at all, will be carried with you after you pass.

It's all in the handling.

"Keep your mind open so your thoughts are free to explore"
your purpose - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy